PDA

View Full Version : Stars

steve0
04-16-2007, 01:36 PM
IS it faster to gain player stars then them team star ???

Bailey
04-16-2007, 06:07 PM
the team star * is a combination of the nine players that will start .

but you need to have them in the best postion to gain the potential, no good having somone who cant run in LF etc, so really you gain at the same speed, its just that some players lose skill quicker than others,

Wookie8662
04-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Yes.
You can get some individual players to 10*, with no problem.

Getting a team to 10* takes having all your players in the field ranked at 9.5 stars, or higher.
Even then, it helps to have them in the correct positions.

DarkElf
04-16-2007, 11:58 PM
???

Okay, now that's two people who seem to be suggesting that given the same 9 players on the field, your star rating might be higher or lower based on if you have them at the "correct" position on the field.

I say "hogwash." IMO, skill level is skill level, regardless of where you put them. And I don't think there's any penalty imposed on players who are "playing out of position," nor do I believe players are born to play a specific position on the field. Hell, we can't even agree which skill set is required for each position! :)

SB_Knights
04-17-2007, 02:19 AM
I agree with both sides of view, to an extent.

I don't think positioning makes a difference with star level at all. If a team is a 10* team it is because the players have that skill no matter where they are positioned. And again, that same 10* team might be better if it's 3rd baseman can make the throw across the diamond just a split second faster. So that said, I believe that having the right people in the right places makes a difference, in winning the game, but I don't really think it makes a difference in what your over all star level is.

As with everyone else, it's just an opinion, if there was a proven for fact way of doing things, everyone would have a perfect 10* team.

UNC FAN
04-17-2007, 10:15 AM
???

Okay, now that's two people who seem to be suggesting that given the same 9 players on the field, your star rating might be higher or lower based on if you have them at the "correct" position on the field.

I say "hogwash." IMO, skill level is skill level, regardless of where you put them. And I don't think there's any penalty imposed on players who are "playing out of position," nor do I believe players are born to play a specific position on the field. Hell, we can't even agree which skill set is required for each position! :)

It's MORE beneficial to have them in their correct positions but it doesn't determine your team * rating.

Slugga
04-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes.
You can get some individual players to 10*, with no problem.

Getting a team to 10* takes having all your players in the field ranked at 9.5 stars, or higher.
Even then, it helps to have them in the correct positions.

How do i know what star a single player is.

chspogo
04-17-2007, 01:15 PM
the only way to know that is to use a Scouting Report.

steve0
04-17-2007, 02:13 PM
i just used a scr on my team and it says i got all my players in 10* batting but there defence is 5-7* this team id is 573267 once i get my teams dfence up i believe i can get them to ten *s

Rally
04-17-2007, 03:19 PM
i just used a scr on my team and it says i got all my players in 10* batting but there defence is 5-7* this team id is 573267 once i get my teams dfence up i believe i can get them to ten *s
No but then how are you going to maintain there Offense @ 10*? It is very tricky trying to get to 10* I once had all of my guys at 10* in defence including the pitcher & a 7-8* offense. I'm pretty balanced now, but it's tricky.

DarkElf
04-17-2007, 07:23 PM
It's MORE beneficial to have them in their correct positions but it doesn't determine your team * rating.

Of course! It goes without saying that proper positioning of your players makes a big difference in how the team plays, and can ultimately decide whether you win a game or lose it, but that isn't what was being said. 8)

UNC FAN
04-18-2007, 03:51 AM

Train in st every couple of days and catch will increase a lot.