PDA

View Full Version : DT - Contact cage vs. Power Cage - You decide

The Troubadour
06-21-2007, 05:20 PM
I've noticed that in the power cage, my players gain in all three skills, while they only cain in contact/skill in the contact cage.

Am I the only one who thinks that one should only use the power cage, unless a player is maxed out in power? Seems the best route to me.

What do you think?

ssambrosa11
06-21-2007, 05:25 PM
ehhh i dont know.... i start out with contact and then go to power... however i have been looking at the effects of what each cage does to each of them
ANDDD....

my "power hitters" only hit the ball in the infield and
my "contact hitters" tend to hit more homeruns than the power ones

go figure ::)

BP
06-21-2007, 07:36 PM
You need to work out more in the Power cage, but still keep your Contact in your schedule.

Tmart54
06-21-2007, 07:37 PM
u get more of a contact gain when in the contact cage its splits it when ur in the power cage and you should always max out in contact before power really swing skill is very important in smallabll

mlthmp
06-21-2007, 08:12 PM
You need to work out more in the Power cage, but still keep your Contact in your schedule.

I 100% agree with this statement.. I mostly use the power cage.. but do use contact.. what I do is every now and then I sub contact for power

Stars
06-21-2007, 08:27 PM
ive been maxed out

paphillyman
06-21-2007, 08:36 PM
I've noticed that in the power cage, my players gain in all three skills, while they only cain in contact/skill in the contact cage.

Am I the only one who thinks that one should only use the power cage, unless a player is maxed out in power? Seems the best route to me.

What do you think?

For me , I have found some of my players like the contact cage , Ive tried both ways with them and some of my guys just like the contact cage , of course they have homerun power , but if I just bat them in the power cage they do horrible , so I would say it is just up to the player you got and how he does in each cage. ;D

tthomp
06-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Don't forget ST hitting. If you want to get a good mix of Power, Contact, and Skill, use ST.

Roughnecks
06-22-2007, 06:44 AM
I tend to look at my clipboard and see where a player is on the batting list. If he is weeker in power, he goes to the power cage. If he is weeker in skill and/or contact, off to contact he goes. the same goes for all my players, if I'm not Auto Traning, I train them in their weekest area. Like if My SS is weekest in running, I'll run the snot off his cheek. Also train in what the player needs. Like 3rd base needs a good arm, so make sure he throws alot. Watch these forums and read every little post you can and use our advice against us. Master everything, train consistantly and balance your team in offence and defence. Find out what stadium fits your team and buy it. Find a good batting line up. My best hitter always hits clean up (4th). And I use thier batting avg. to fill in the rest,with the best starting at the top, and so forth. All of this has me about to go in to PL5, and a 9* in about 90 days. Ask around, some teams train forever to get to 9*, and have never seen PL6.

iSo
06-24-2007, 01:27 AM
If you are using Timeshift/Throttle, it makes a difference on skill gains. If you are going fast you will get more contact, if you want power it's best not to use it at all. I "used" to only use the power cage and adjust speeds of the timeshift to adjust the gains. I had it all figured out on the three skills but I don't remember which speeds do what anymore.

Just some insight, don't know if it still works or not.

The Troubadour
06-24-2007, 12:10 PM
There is truly a difference in the skills attained for swing if you are using timeshift? Why would that be?

Are their other skills for which this also applies?

Pizzarony
06-24-2007, 12:13 PM
It doesn't seem to matter to me...

I only use the contact cage until I'm around 5/6*... No real specific reasons why.

iSo
06-24-2007, 02:27 PM
I forgot to add not only the use of timeshift but also FPS change. For example. "Dont know if this still works". If you set FPS at 99999 and minmized while in power cage you would get 99% contact but if you keep it open you will get a pretty even about of each bat skill.

I found this stuff out when I got lazy I hated training more that a few minutes a day.

philgil
06-24-2007, 07:09 PM
ya four me it doesnt matter which one to use because you need both of them to get better.

mlthmp
06-24-2007, 08:21 PM
ya four me it doesnt matter which one to use because you need both of them to get better.

True.. but once you're pretty much maxed in contact.. you can survive with just the power cage.. as it'll give you some contact and skill as well when those skills start lacking

bball4lif91
06-29-2007, 08:45 PM
True.. but once you're pretty much maxed in contact.. you can survive with just the power cage.. as it'll give you some contact and skill as well when those skills start lacking

I agree with mlthmp there, I think if you can't hit why bother trying the power cage. Make your player a contact hitter before, he becomes a power hitter. Plus I think its faster to do contact then power, because once he is maxxed in contact then the power cage is used for what it suppose to be used for, power.