PDA

View Full Version : Training Catch on ST

Kale
06-18-2007, 08:03 AM
How do you train catch? i read the ST ultimate guide thing but to me jst sticking the player you need to earn catch at the back catcher while your pitcher pitches makes alot more sence are the gains the same does it work?

Roughnecks
06-18-2007, 08:31 AM
How do you train catch? i read the ST ultimate guide thing but to me jst sticking the player you need to earn catch at the back catcher while your pitcher pitches makes alot more sence are the gains the same does it work?
Nooooo...try this..make sure your fielding balls is marked in the training tab, and just click on whatever player you want to train in catch so his TP pie is under him and all balls will be thrown to him. He gets catch and throwing skills.

Kale
06-18-2007, 08:40 AM
ok thanx! i was confused by that in the guide now i understnad

mitype2
06-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Kale my advice is to train all of your kids at 3rd base for catching and either left field or right field for throwing in ST. There are no settings to specialize training in ST only DT and from my understanding you are using ST training.

steve0
06-18-2007, 10:50 AM
If you want to train everyone in catch take pitching off then put the pitcher or the batter in the outfield or some other position

Renshi
06-20-2007, 12:48 AM
If you don't use the delux trainer and have a guy at the bottum of the catch list what I usually do is make him the catcher whenever I train hitting and he will go from the worst catcher to somewhere in the middle. I do this every time I train hitting.

elk05
06-20-2007, 04:25 AM
What I personally find most effective for training catch in ST, is using the free DT friday for it. The gains are purely catch in DT but when you train in ST you get throw gains too. But it's always up to you.

Later,
Elk. :)

paphillyman
06-20-2007, 05:12 AM
If you just want catch gains with very little throw gains do this:
1. Take your CFer off the field so CF spot is empty
2. The guy you want catch gain for , put at 2nd base
3. Look at your sort list and select your 2 best throwers , and put in RF and 1st base
4. Highlight your RFer and keep him highlighted and click on field balls below the training tab.

The Rfer , 1st baseman , and 2nd baseman willl now throw back and forth to each other , being that you have 2 guys that throw well (RFer and 1st baseman) your 2nd baseman will move in closer to them to reach them , causing him not to have an arch in his throw( which is how you gain throw ) and get mostly gain catch. This is assuming the guy you want to get catch gains doesn't throw too good.
If the guy you want to gain catch does throw good , put 2 guys that dont throw good in RF and 1st base

Roughnecks
06-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Nooooo...try this..make sure your fielding balls is marked in the training tab, and just click on whatever player you want to train in catch so his TP pie is under him and all balls will be thrown to him. He gets catch and throwing skills.
This is easy and just as affective.

Kale
06-20-2007, 07:26 AM
thanx guys! it makes lots of sense now i guess you can lock this topic

Roughnecks
06-20-2007, 01:23 PM
thanx guys! it makes lots of sense now i guess you can lock this topic
Not quit yet, some other people may have an opionion, a better way or a new technique.

mlthmp
06-20-2007, 01:33 PM
I always just train my guys one at a time for catching.. using TS and a macro program.. (or however its spelled) and I train in just catching.

I dislike putting them behind the plate, because it has the ability to throw off my training (someone has to be batting, which means he is losing his TP.. not good if you want to train everyone in the same skill (blanket) PLUS he gets too much throwing for my blood.

I just usually select a player, turn field balls on and back off real quick. He gets a ball thrown to him, and catches sit. Then I just drag him away EVER SO SLIGHTLY until he "drops" the ball.. when I release him he picks it back up.. after a few times.. BAM pure catch training.

Using TS and my mouse recorder.. its easy as 1,2,3.. I sit here and watch TV and wait for him to run out of TP.. when he does I switch players and do it all over again.