PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Pitching Question

Blunt Trauma
04-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Ok newbie question...

Hows the best way to find the best pitcher on my team. is it all trial by error. Or what messages should i watch out for while training?

pistonsfan3
04-12-2007, 10:54 AM
The best way to see who your best pitchers are is to go to trainer or deluxe trainer and click sort by "Pitching skill" on the top left hand corner.

Junkybird
04-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Many members methods vary greatly. In the past, I've maxxed all players in pitching, and throwing only. I kept them all maxxed all the time in those two area's. Dont train for about 2 days (varies, decide on your own what is best for you), then go in, and take note to who holds pitching best, and using up the least amount of pie possible. Do this a couple weeks, until you notice the two top players to hold these categories.

That's what I find to work wonders. Edit on your own understanding to what you feel works best for you.

Blunt Trauma
04-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Junkybird

From your post can I assume that players will degrade in some skills faster than in others, thus the best pitchers are the ones that "hold on" to there training the longest?

If that is true, it adds a whole level of complexity into the game that is not obvious at first glance.

chspogo
04-12-2007, 01:10 PM
That is exactly what he means.

All skills slowly go down over time. Some skills faster than others, and every single player is different. If someone can't hold skill well at all, thats where rookies and super rookies help out. ;)

Junkybird
04-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Junkybird

From your post can I assume that players will degrade in some skills faster than in others, thus the best pitchers are the ones that "hold on" to there training the longest?

If that is true, it adds a whole level of complexity into the game that is not obvious at first glance.

That is exactly true. And all players skill increasement differ as well. Example: Player 1 increases +15 throw, player 2 increases +9 throw, etc. Player 1 will always gain more throwing than player 2, unless player 1 is closer to maxxed out in that category.

I hope you can understand?

Blunt Trauma
04-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I understand :D , thanks for the help gents

bill
04-12-2007, 04:41 PM
SMALLBALL KNIGHTS wrote one of the best alltime posts on this subject you may want to go back into the archives and look it up :wink:

Blunt Trauma
04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
i thought all the old acticles were gone, am i wrong?

also how do find out the pitchers current skill its not one of the icons on the top of the screen

thanks

Railhand
04-12-2007, 05:50 PM
The old posts are archived at the World Sports Forums http://www.wsforums.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62
You have to use the drop down menu under "sort by" to find the pitchers rankings.