PDA

View Full Version : Proleagues

Ddawgballers
06-10-2007, 05:38 PM
i have just entered into the PL9 and i have noticed that next to the ranks you know where its says 1,2,3,4,5,67,8,9,10.....etc it shows either a ^ or the samthing but it points down does anyone know what it means?.......oh..... and another question about how many games do you need to win in the PL9 to advance into PL8?.........a couple more questions....how far do you need to hit a ball to homer in intel stadium?....same qestion but with monster stadium......how far has the fartherest homerun that you have seen gone?..does it go as far as 500ft???

UNC FAN
06-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Just shows what rank you are in the PL. The up and down ^ shows whether you advanced or fell down a level. 7 wins usually garentees you a spot up.

dekid
06-10-2007, 06:15 PM
The up and down ^ actually come into play at the end of the season when there are ties. The down^ are ranked first (they are the teams that came down a league the season before) and then go by id#. The next set are the teams with numbers (teams that stayed in the same PL) and then are ranked by id#. Last are the teams with ^, they are teams that moved up a league and then are ranked by id#. So in a PL you may have as many wins as a team that advances but because of your ranking you won't. Or vice-a -versa, you may fall down a level even though you have as many wins as a team that stays. It's part of the game so there really isn't much you can do about it but train, train and then train some more. ;D

chspogo
06-10-2007, 08:40 PM
and another question about how many games do you need to win in the PL9 to advance into PL8?
http://www.smallball.com/ball/seasons/index.shtml <--check there for previous season results. Check a few seasons to see an average of what advances, it will vary though
.........a couple more questions....how far do you need to hit a ball to homer in intel stadium?
300 feet will get you a homerun in Intel, its a bit lower than that, but i dont know exact numbers.
....same qestion but with monster stadium
Monster is a bit farther, and all stadiums vary. Monster is one of the hardest to hit one out in. Same with Letterbox. World park is considered to be a far shot as well, i believe.
......how far has the fartherest homerun that you have seen gone?
I don't recall exactly, but in the high 300s i do beleive
..does it go as far as 500ft???
I'd say no. In the power cage of the DT, it is possible to get up to 500+ feet. Remember though that the power cage distance means nothing in relation to the distance hit in actual games.

UNC FAN
06-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Actually, Yesterday, (My team had like 15 Hrs or so :D) But 294ft. Was just barley putting in the stands.

yohanx
06-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Just shows what rank you are in the PL. The up and down ^ shows whether you advanced or fell down a level. 7 wins usually garentees you a spot up.

aim for 8 wins..i had 7 and still got kicked out of the PLS :'(

Ddawgballers
06-11-2007, 01:33 PM
thank you very much

Bailey
06-11-2007, 08:04 PM
aim for 9 or 10 wins, also as it is your first season in pl9, you will be put in an order by wins, then previous season rank and then id#, this means that if you finish on 8 wins and 15-20 teams join you there that you will have to chance it

it use to be 10 wins to garentee when i first started playing but myabe more teams were playing then

gl

yohanx
06-12-2007, 02:41 AM
lol dude just aim to win all the games, so if you fall short, you would have still did well enough to make it to the next level, the more you win the more confidence you have in yourself and team.

Ddawgballers
06-13-2007, 07:34 AM
ok, i will try to win all of my proleague games.............i am 9-6 right now so i think i will go into PL8 with 9 wins

Bailey
06-13-2007, 03:32 PM
you should do now, i should advance as well, i am 10-1 in pl7 and 9-2 in pl8