PDA

View Full Version : Dumb quesiton. DT training "balls"

mlthmp
05-15-2007, 09:02 PM
OK you know in the DT when you're setting your player's training session up (IE 4 balls for contact, 2 power, etc)

My question is this.

If you set it up to train say half of your guys TP in one skill.. is that half of the TP he has at that point, or 1/2 of a full pie?

Say your guy has 1/4 of a pie.. and you set it to train in any skill with half the balls of TP.. does it only train 1/2 of the TP he has or would it burn it all like it was trying to burn half a full pie?

I know that probably doesn't make any sense to anyone else lol

SuperBallz
05-15-2007, 09:04 PM
i'm pretty sure that u train like this

1/2 pie = 1/4 contact 1/4 power (that is half of the balls on each)

but thats what i think, and im stickin with it!

Junkybird
05-15-2007, 09:05 PM
It makes sense to me... hmm.. maybe that's why I'm.. :-[

Anyways, I can only say one thing. Test it out. I never tried too, therefore I dont know what exactly it does. I would assume it trains according to the pie you currently have. But then again, I could be wrong.

Bailey
05-15-2007, 09:08 PM
5 balls will use a half circle of TP, approx, can be less for running and catch and bat contact, and more for power and throw,

Brisinger
05-16-2007, 09:14 AM
I train my teams every day and use DT. My players that only have half a pie of TP have 3 balls set aside for "rest." that usually gets them to use all of their TP in the manner I want. I find if I allocate all of the balls I don't get everything trained like I wanted. So, I would say that half of the balls is half of a full pie of TP. I wish the program was smart enough to do it the other way though.

Smallballer
06-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Well today i trained my team with the fps up high but i set it for half running and half catching, and no one got in there catching it was all spent on running, so i think 5 balls if half a pie, so if you do have a 4th it will burn it all up, but maybe me having fps up can have somthing to do with that? dunno ???

Quitters
06-06-2007, 03:50 PM
That is exactly what happened. The FPS setting is too high for your computer. I see it happen mostly on Running and the Power Cage. I never minimize during those two training methods. Even one ball can cause all the TP to be used/wasted.

humdrums
06-06-2007, 07:50 PM
*giggles like a second grader* You guys said balls.

Half and half does not a good drink make. Middle of the glass is no longer a paradox, since it's only a quarter.

Now + Smallball = Life? I think I remember having one of those.

Asking questions makes you sound like a girl, but only because you are smarter.

Great job guys, now Mike has obtained all knowledge and will destroy all of us with his mind.

Con2tion
06-09-2007, 11:11 AM
well, all i can say is each player uses more/less tp on each skill depending on there skill level
like if a player sucks at throwing and is not made to be a star thrower then he will use more tp
to get a good pie gain.

thats just my little 2 cents,
and humdrums you always make me giggle everythime i read your post :laugh:

horsemen
06-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Each ball represents roughly 1/10th of a full pie of TP.

from http://smallball.com/ball/help/dt_game_help.shtml
Setting Individual Auto-training schedules

The Player Schedule page shows 8 rows of activities and 10 baseballs (all initially located in the row for Resting).� To assign the selected player to train in a particular venue, move one or more balls into that venue�s row. Each ball represents roughly 1/10th of a full pie of TP.