PDA

View Full Version : Batting Skill Question

Tex
05-05-2007, 09:59 AM
How much does batting skill affect the hitting opportunities for a batter?
And does training in skill not only help the batter hit it in the gaps but help him hit more homeruns as well?

Thanks in advance,

Tex

yohanx
05-05-2007, 11:06 AM
although im not a pro, i do believe that batting skills helps more with finding the gaps thaan hitting homeruns, when i had a DT team, i trainded my team mainly in contact cage for a while,, where the focus is mainly contact and skill and i realise that they were hitting ground balls into gaps.. its only when i started training in the power cage that the ability to send the pitchers over the fence was gained..

humdrums
05-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Tex asking for help? :o Seriously though, swing skill helps in hits of all variety (single, double, triple, home run). If you see a batter barely clear a wall for a home run, that's swing skill. If you see him drop one right in front of an outfielder, that's swing skill. It's what makes those bloops=hits. If you see a guy hitting the ball to the opposite field (right field for righty batters, left field for lefty batters) they need more swing skill.

Rally
05-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Tex asking for help? :o Seriously though, swing skill helps in hits of all variety (single, double, triple, home run). If you see a batter barely clear a wall for a home run, that's swing skill. If you see him drop one right in front of an outfielder, that's swing skill. It's what makes those bloops=hits. If you see a guy hitting the ball to the opposite field (right field for righty batters, left field for lefty batters) they need more swing skill.
To make it easier.............If your player is consistently getting base hits & hitting it in the right area, he has swing skill. ;)

Railhand
05-09-2007, 08:30 PM
I was in chat a couple years ago and that question was asked of Commish. He answered that skill helps batters hit the ball where the defense isn't.