PDA

View Full Version : Why Not Sb's In SB?

Ravendust
05-03-2007, 03:10 AM
How come there arent any stolen bases in this game?

For one i would love to see sb's in sb! The catcher would have a whole new meaning besides a "dump spot" for ur best hitter and worst fielder!

Bailey
05-03-2007, 03:41 AM
it was tried a few years ago, but as it needs to be written in to the game, i guess they just thought that it was too hard or not needed

but i dont think it really matters though, coz if you get a base or not, they will or wont, and you cant make it based on running, coz we would just all max out in running

im sure others will post about this as well

darmin
05-03-2007, 09:52 AM
I promise you, it'll never change. AndNow doesn't care anymore. We're just a cash cow. We sit in the middle of a field and money floats out of our pockets and into the great sky of AndNow. They'll take our offerings and let down tickets, occasionally, but they'll never reach down and touch us and gift us with updates or new sports.

There are other small things that happen in SB that don't really happen in baseball very much (or like now, the other way around... it DOES happen in real life, but not in SB)... but that's just part of what makes SmallBall SMallBall!

Bailey
05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
I promise you, it'll never change. AndNow doesn't care anymore. We're just a cash cow. We sit in the middle of a field and money floats out of our pockets and into the great sky of AndNow. They'll take our offerings and let down tickets, occasionally, but they'll never reach down and touch us and gift us with updates or new sports.

There are other small things that happen in SB that don't really happen in baseball very much (or like now, the other way around... it DOES happen in real life, but not in SB)... but that's just part of what makes SmallBall SMallBall!
not out of my pockets, at least i havent spent anything in 6-8 months, hahaha

RDrichM
05-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Actually in the very low * levels ( with a catcher that can't throw) stolen bases do occur. But once the catcher gets more skill in throw, no more stolen bases. And I do mean very very low skill levels in throw.

UNC FAN
05-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Actually in the very low * levels ( with a catcher that can't throw) stolen bases do occur. But once the catcher gets more skill in throw, no more stolen bases. And I do mean very very low skill levels in throw.

No, I think it's counted as a double/extra-base hit.

mlthmp
05-03-2007, 08:15 PM
I know they played with the possibility of having Stolen Bases at one point.. but is it me or am I wrong (and I could be, its been a while since I've played one) but arnt there also SBs in Exhibition games still?

Jim
05-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Base runners steal home a lot in certain parks. Centennial is the worst. For some reason the pitcher runs way into the outfield on a long fly. I just saw this one this morning. My guy actually steals 3rd, it's the first time I've seen it. Game # is 3663, watch the top of the 9th inning.

Ddawgballers
06-09-2007, 05:27 AM
Base runners steal home a lot in certain parks. Centennial is the worst. For some reason the pitcher runs way into the outfield on a long fly. I just saw this one this morning. My guy actually steals 3rd, it's the first time I've seen it. Game # is 3663, watch the top of the 9th inning.

that's actually when your player tags and goes to another base or scores ;D