PDA

View Full Version : Validating a QT ticket

GigEmAgs
08-07-2007, 05:49 AM
When you validate a QT ticket, does it immediately train your team in that skill? Or can you validate it and then wait til another time to use it?

Beaner
08-07-2007, 05:54 AM
You can "Check" it and then use it later, but Validating it uses it right then.

GigEmAgs
08-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Ok so lets say Im able to get a hold of a QT ticket from the freebie forum but my players dont have full TP yet. I could click check and it would be mine until I want to use it?

Beaner
08-07-2007, 06:03 AM
I think I see what you are saying. No, it will not save the ticket for you. Checking it only lets you know whether or not the ticket is still good. Unfortunately, anyone can use the code up until someone validates it. If others have access to the code, there is no way to keep them from potentially using it before you do.

GigEmAgs
08-07-2007, 06:06 AM
ahh, i see, well thanks

mlthmp
08-07-2007, 06:13 AM
If your team is TOTALLY out of TP.. you can attach a QT ticket to it..

like, you just finish training, and turn around and right then use a QT Run.

(Validate) it'll attach it to your team, and make it where ONLY that team can ever use that ticket..

after that if you check it it'll come back "Used 0 time and 1 remains, Validated by your Team ID)

Beaner
08-07-2007, 06:15 AM
If your team is TOTALLY out of TP.. you can attach a QT ticket to it..

like, you just finish training, and turn around and right then use a QT Run.

(Validate) it'll attach it to your team, and make it where ONLY that team can ever use that ticket..

after that if you check it it'll come back "Used 0 time and 1 remains, Validated by your Team ID)

Never in my 6+ years of Smallball have I ever heard of such a thing. :o

Can you attach multiple tickets to a team like that?

I just know that in giveaways in the past that there would always be the problem about people taking tickets and wasting them on teams with no pie. No one ever metioned this before.

Smallball's best kept secret, or I'm just the one person that somehow managed to never find out about it???

mlthmp
08-07-2007, 06:26 AM
Yep.. as many as youd like to attach.

I remember someone a few months posted a huge list of QTs in the forums.. I think one team attached like, half of them.. lol.. just dont remember who it was :(

Beaner
08-07-2007, 06:27 AM
I'm speechless.

Years of being a forum global mod, running the trade agents, being a part of AcA and SBD, being a member of countless other Smallball related forums, and I never knew this. Just speechless.

chspogo
08-07-2007, 07:40 AM
If a ticket is posted in the freebies section and you don't have full TP, let someone else who needs it have it! Don't try to save them for yourself if you don't need it, please! Be respectful of other people on the forum.

tthomp
08-07-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm speechless.

Years of being a forum global mod, running the trade agents, being a part of AcA and SBD, being a member of countless other Smallball related forums, and I never knew this. Just speechless.

I'm with you on this one Beaner. I thought Mlthmp was making a mistake the first time I read his post. I figured if you used a second ticket right after using the first, it would just give +0 gains. I'm going to have to give this a try sometime. One question I have about this though is how is the attached ticket used ?

mlthmp
08-07-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm with you on this one Beaner. I thought Mlthmp was making a mistake the first time I read his post. I figured if you used a second ticket right after using the first, it would just give +0 gains. I'm going to have to give this a try sometime. One question I have about this though is how is the attached ticket used ?

Well.. ok.

You just trained in "yada" lol.

you copy in a QT ticket code and hit validate (yes, meaning to use the ticket). It gives you some message (I forgot exactly what it says.. I THINK its something like No TP)

The next time you check that ticket, it says used 0 and 1 remains, validated by XXXXXX (your ID) after that it can only be used by your team. Meaning you used it once, but the system told you you had no TP left so its attached.

Then whenever youre ready to use it, you use it like a normal ticket again.. but if any other team tries to use it.. they get the same ole "Used o and 1 remains, validated by" message.

Unless someone made some changes recently.. lol I know I use to attach my QT tickets in this same manner :)

tthomp
08-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks Mike. I'll have to give this a try sometime. All these years and I never knew you could do something like that. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. lol

Beaner
08-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Thank goodness I'm not the only one tthomp. How could this have gotten by us all this time? Geez. I swear I've never seen anyone ever talk about this.

Well GigEmAgs, thanks to your thread I learned something new about smallball. I really didn't much think that was possible anymore. ;)

GigEmAgs
08-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Lol, glad I could help :)