PDA

View Full Version : degrading skills

GigEmAgs
08-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Ok, either Im the only one with a lot of questions, or just no one wants to ask them on here, but here is another question lol. BTW, thanks so much to everyone who has helped me.

So, Ive started with a brand new team and I am working on training only my pitching (and some catching and running) for the next 20 days. After the 20 days I will see who my top pitcher(s) are and who degrades the slowest. What Im wondering though is, if one player is degrading at a much slower rate right now after just one day of training, does that mean he will always degrade slowly?

For example, I numbered all 12 of my players numbers 1-12. Here is the order of the top 8 players by pitching skill after 1 full pie of training:

3, 4, 12, 1, 5, 2, 11, 6

However, after waiting for a couple hours after finishing training, this is the order of those players:

3, 4, 12, 6, 5, 1, 2, 11

As you can see, four players (5,1,2,11) all fell below number 6. I have yet to wait a longer time to see if numbers 3,4,12 fall below him as well, but it seems obvious right now that player 6 loses his skills at a much slower rate than players 5,1,2,11.

Does this mean anything at all? Even though player 6 isnt gaining pitching skill as fast as the other players, will he continue to not lose the skills as fast either (indicating that he is the better pitcher)? Thanks for any help on this

Bailey
08-05-2007, 09:53 PM
it is ok to do it that way, but sometimes you might have a guy that doesnt get good gains early on and he may be a little slow in gaining the skills, he could be 10 th or so after the first training, but after the others have maxed out you might see him keep gaining and slowly pass the others, and for this reason he might gain slowly, and lose slowly, keep with it, explore those options as once you get to 9*, and yes it might take 2 months, you stay there for as long as you like and the success of the team could well depend on it,

patience is the key for pitcher finding

GigEmAgs
08-05-2007, 10:06 PM
ic, well Im basically using the sticky guide for finding my pitcher, so Ill be doing it for about 20 days. I doubt i can make it 2 months doing just pitching, thats a long time lol

Bailey
08-05-2007, 10:43 PM
2 months doing all the correct things, to get to 9*, pitchers is just 3 weeks, you shoudl be able to figure it out from there to get the best runners, catch and throw etc,

GigEmAgs
08-05-2007, 11:34 PM
wait so only two months to get 9* in everything? thats not bad at all. also i was wondering, does anyone know how many stat increases it takes to get 9* in a skill? is it at +200,300,400, etc?

Bailey
08-05-2007, 11:49 PM
well i am not sure about that question, but the main thing to remember about getting to 9* is discovering what the players are good at and what they are not good at, you can be so close for so long and still never get there, that is what makes the game so good

gl

mlthmp
08-06-2007, 07:50 AM
GigEmAgs, one major thing to remember is every team is different. it all depends on how well you know your players, and can schedule accordingly.. it may take you 2 months to hit 9* with your team, but it may take me 3 months to hit it with mine.. while someone else may do it in less than 1 lol.

As far as how long it takes.. I wouldn't give that part of the equation much thought.. I'd take my time, learn my guys abilities, and build up a solid team and not worry about star ratings.. I promise you.. you'll get it all figured out on the way..

This game is just trial and error.. and that makes it alot of fun :)

BP
08-06-2007, 05:06 PM
ic, well Im basically using the sticky guide for finding my pitcher, so Ill be doing it for about 20 days. I doubt i can make it 2 months doing just pitching, thats a long time lol

That is a hard question to answer because while all of our teams are not being trained, they are gradually losing skill, but nobody knows how much. The best we can figure out is that once you get better at a certain thing (be it Run, Catch, Bat, etc.) the faster you will lose it as well. That is why you do not see many 10*'s. Many people may hit 10*, only to lose it quickly because their teams are losing lots more skill than say a 7* team.
The best advice I could give you is to never stop trying, and make sure not to waste pie(not training even though your player is full pie and can't get any more until you train), use your bench wisely(they gain TP twice as fast), and play your PL games wisely(once you get there).

Railhand
08-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Also, achieving 9* is about knowing your players strengths and putting them in the right positions. Remember, your star rating is based on your starting lineup, not the entire team. For example, if you put a player at pitcher that is not very good he could bring your team down a star level all by himself.