baseball5
08-05-2007, 04:08 PM
How Long does it take 2 get 10*s??? ???

bball4lif95
08-05-2007, 04:13 PM
it takes a long time dependin on how u train and its hard to stay on the list

mlthmp
08-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Depends on the team, how well they hold skill.. and on the trainer.. how well they know their team.

I have never hit 10*.. I have never gotten closer than 9th on the 9* list.. lol but I dont actually train for 10*.. I TRY to train to win lol

sk82215
11-18-2007, 10:47 AM
well i have been a member ever since 2003 and im only a 8* so sry to burst ur bubble but it takes a long time..............but if u have a lot of time on ur hands then u shouldnt have to wait a long time

tthomp
11-18-2007, 07:30 PM
I made it to #3 on the 10* list with a team I created this year. It took a little over 4 months to get there.
They never stayed on the 10* list very long, but I would have a couple hours to enjoy it. lol

Jonathan
11-19-2007, 03:25 PM
I just made 9*, and it would be very hard to maintain a 10* level. And besides, 9* teams are almost just as good as a 10* team. I have seen them beat 10*'s before.

mlthmp
11-19-2007, 06:12 PM
its hard just to REACH 10*.. lol.. I would say the majority of us around have never done so.. I have noticed before though, that most 10* teams don't seem to play quite as strong as many of the stronger 9* teams do..

Jonathan
11-19-2007, 06:39 PM
I did not know that, but I guessed at it. Here is something I would like to know? Who owns the lliad team, that 10* team that is really, really good.

-FM-
11-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah, it is really hard to get there. I've almost done it with two teams, but ended up trading them for some reason, lol. Well, yeah for DT its possible, train them to right way and you'll get there some day. Some people dont care about getting too 10*, but just winning PL1. :) Now getting too 10* with ST, now thats really hard, something that most of us wil never do! ;)

Either way, its still very hard to get there, alot of 9* teams out there do beat the 10* teams. It would be better to beat a PL1 team, then to beat a 10* retired team. I've beaten the lliad a lot of times. I've never hit 10*, but, I do want to know day, and maybe I will.

The guy who owns the lliad also has another 10* team if I am correct, but he was a good trainer. Good luck to those who want to get too 10*! :)

tthomp
11-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Getting to 10* is not really that hard. It just takes time. It's best if you have a planned training schedule. For instance, if the next days schedule calls for catching, look over the catching sort list, put the guys lowest in catching on the bench. The day after that if you plan on power hitting put the lowest in power hitting on the bench. This way, the guys who are lowest in whatever you plan on training in next get a full TP to work with. Also, use two pitchers and swap daily for the extra TP. I have taken many teams to 10* doing this.
After saying all that, I have to agree with Mlthmp that getting to 10* does not mean your team will win more games then they did as a strong 9*. But it is nice to see that 10* badge on the team page. lol

As far as The Illiad goes, that team has an advantage over most teams because they always have their strongest players in the lineup and do not suffer skill loss like the rest of us. I think without the retirement ticket they have on they would just be another average team. There are a lot of active teams out there better than Illiad.

Jonathan
11-20-2007, 11:42 AM
You are probably right on that one, but so far that is the strongest team that I have played so far. But if you keep training you will eventually make it. Another thing is, play a lot of games, playing games will help you find out some of your strengths and how to train in certain areas. For instance, I was playing a game, and a guy hit the ball straight to third base, the batter was almost to first before the ball got to first. I then trained my third basemen in throwing.

-FM-
11-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Getting to 10* is not really that hard. It just takes time. It's best if you have a planned training schedule. For instance, if the next days schedule calls for catching, look over the catching sort list, put the guys lowest in catching on the bench. The day after that if you plan on power hitting put the lowest in power hitting on the bench. This way, the guys who are lowest in whatever you plan on training in next get a full TP to work with. Also, use two pitchers and swap daily for the extra TP. I have taken many teams to 10* doing this.
After saying all that, I have to agree with Mlthmp that getting to 10* does not mean your team will win more games then they did as a strong 9*. But it is nice to see that 10* badge on the team page. lol

As far as The Illiad goes, that team has an advantage over most teams because they always have their strongest players in the lineup and do not suffer skill loss like the rest of us. I think without the retirement ticket they have on they would just be another average team. There are a lot of active teams out there better than Illiad.
Yep, yep, thats exactlly how I trained on those two teams that I got close. I just didn't have the time for them and traded them away. :-\

chspogo
11-21-2007, 06:31 AM
You are probably right on that one, but so far that is the strongest team that I have played so far. But if you keep training you will eventually make it. Another thing is, play a lot of games, playing games will help you find out some of your strengths and how to train in certain areas. For instance, I was playing a game, and a guy hit the ball straight to third base, the batter was almost to first before the ball got to first. I then trained my third basemen in throwing.

If you want to play a harder team than the Illiad... go to the PL1 page and play any team that's there and you'll find a stronger team than the Illiad

Jonathan
11-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Okay, but I prefer not to play a team where I will defiantly lose. I mean, I can play a team and lose but to play a team knowing I will lose, that I don't do. Remember, I have only been a 9* for a week.

BryceHockey
11-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Okay, but I prefer not to play a team where I will defiantly lose. I mean, I can play a team and lose but to play a team knowing I will lose, that I don't do. Remember, I have only been a 9* for a week.

I don't think he was telling you to literally go play those teams. ;)

tthomp
11-21-2007, 08:46 AM
There is a good quote that comes up on the trainers.
It goes something like, "You learn nothing from winning, you learn everything from losing".
There is some truth to that. Playing teams that are better than yours can show areas your team is weak in.
That can give you an idea where you need to improve in to be able to compete against them.

jimmygfat
11-21-2007, 10:12 AM
To get to 10* takes an understanding of your teams strengths and weaknesses. It also takes a dedication not to lose any available TP. To achieve a 10 * status is a great achievement, but in my opinion, a team trained with strong offense in mind is the key. A couple of general comments, do not force any skill except hitting . Play strong teams (1st league) and see how your team(s) will do and can improve . Remember a 8* star team can occasionally beat anybody. Good Luck.