PDA

View Full Version : a passive training guide sort of

horsemen
04-23-2007, 03:33 AM
for the people that want to use passive training hear a lil guide for ya.
have passive training turned off until you want to train. so you have some tp to use.

if you want to train your team in defense play a 9*-10* team they be batting most of the game so your players will be running after balls throwing the ball and catching and the pitcher will get pitching in

if you want to train in hitting play a team that says very long time ago you will send most of the game batting and running the bases.
even if you don't want to use passive passive for batting is good so you don't have to sit and change each player out in st to hit.
keep in mind playing a very long time ago team your honor may take a small hit.

again i would only do this every other day and be sure to turn passive off so your team will gain some tp for the next time.

and don't train after midnight Wednesday so you have full tp for free dt Fridays

UNC FAN
04-23-2007, 08:11 AM
I ONLY use PT as a compliment to my training. I wouldn't ever train my team with PT as my main method.

chspogo
04-23-2007, 01:11 PM
There used to be a passive only league only here, and no one ever got over 5* I don't think. IMO, if you have enough of time to play enough games that require the use of all the TP, you might as well just train lol. Also, passive training doesn't train benched players, so if you arent in a special league like that, then you should be training your benched players dailey so you dont waste TP.

Passive is always a good last resort, I wouldn't recommend it be used for a normal training method though!

horsemen
04-23-2007, 08:22 PM
There used to be a passive only league only here, and no one ever got over 5* I don't think. IMO, if you have enough of time to play enough games that require the use of all the TP, you might as well just train lol. Also, passive training doesn't train benched players, so if you arent in a special league like that, then you should be training your benched players dailey so you dont waste TP.

Passive is always a good last resort, I wouldn't recommend it be used for a normal training method though!

it only takes 1 game maybe 2 to use a full pie of tp i done it b4 to see

chspogo
04-23-2007, 09:23 PM
it only takes 1 game maybe 2 to use a full pie of tp i done it b4 to see

:shock: I thought it took like 3-4 for every starting player to lose all the TP. This was last year though lol. I guess that if it was 1 game, passive would work in a rush :lol:

horsemen
04-24-2007, 02:47 PM
well if you play a team = to yours it might but if you play like i said depending on what you want to train in it will only take one
and thisis for teams that are below 4*-5* passive training teams

Railhand
04-25-2007, 11:45 AM
I have 3 teams that have PT on and it does take a few games to use all the TP, depending on how well each team plays. I use it to keep them trained on days I don't have time to train all my teams. I don't have time to initiate games or train so I pick a stadium other trainers like to try so they get challenged quite a bit.

mlthmp
04-26-2007, 10:40 PM
you know this reminds me.. awhile back before the crash I created two teams and put them both on passive, and threw them in a UL together.. everyday I'd play them in a 101 game series to burn all their TP (yeah I know I could have done it with ALOT less games but it was fun seeing all the results.. lol)

anyway that trained them up pretty well to be truthful.. I even switched bench players every few days.. but as it was said before its sure not a good solid way of training by any means

Devils Disciples
04-28-2007, 03:53 PM

I remember that league. I actully think a couple teams got to 6*. I know my team made it to 6* before I quit smallball. Pretty fun league & I wish it would get started up again!

Country Kids
04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
Now might be a good time to revive the 3 series passive training article thing at smallball.info:

http://smallball.info/content/category/4/37/62/