Julius
07-31-2007, 07:39 PM
why cant we use DH's is smallball??

tgust5
07-31-2007, 07:48 PM
we got alot more to worry about first

Railhand
07-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Because it is not setup to allow DHs and won't be. There are a lot of bugs to be worked out long before enhancements will be made. And those won't happen any time soon.

Bailey
07-31-2007, 08:02 PM
stolen bases, des hitters, pick offs, its just to difficult for a game that is really simple, every one would be complaining, maybe in the 2nd release, lol

there isnt going to be!

Julius
07-31-2007, 09:31 PM
des hitters wouldnt complicate the game..u pratice hitting with one guy all he does is hit how hard is that to understand??..lol

mlthmp
07-31-2007, 09:36 PM
des hitters wouldnt complicate the game..u pratice hitting with one guy all he does is hit how hard is that to understand??..lol

How about this one.. it'll never happen.
How hard is that to understand? lol

The game is buggy as it is.. but I think its right where it should be.. DHs wouldn't be a good idea.. because they wouldn't have to have ANY defensive training.. how would that factor inti your teams overall star ratings?

10* offense and 1* defense? 9* teams would become 7* with that type of drop off (ok, that may be an exaggeration but you get my drift)

It just wouldn't be fair.. besides.. once you know what you're doing its possible your pitcher could be your best offensive player.. I've seen it many times on my teams..

Roughnecks
08-01-2007, 04:40 AM
why cant we use DH's is smallball??
Because, the commisioner(the guy who invented smallball) has left the game on auto-piolet for reasons unknown. So, at this time, nobody has any codes that we know of, and theres not much else we can do. I also wanted to change SmallBall, but trust me, you can't.

tthomp
08-01-2007, 09:04 AM

Just practicing hitting doesn't always work the way you might think. I've seen lots of batters that don't hit well until they get training in other areas like catch, throw, and running.

mlthmp
08-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Just practicing hitting doesn't always work the way you might think. I've seen lots of batters that don't hit well until they get training in other areas like catch, throw, and running.

Its funny you should say that.. I totally agree..

my guys never really start going well until they get some running under their belt..

Another reason why I think Running is the most important skill in the game.. I also agree it helps batting a good deal.

Bailey
08-01-2007, 03:36 PM
i wish people would stop comparing this game to baseball, its a game that requires more than just the knowledge of how baseball works, its great that people have ideas, but you cannot then complain when someone gives you the answer, the underlying answer that is fact, smallball is only alive because we play it, if we didnt play it then it would be pulled yesterday. the commish is gone and emails get returned, the only thing you can get is tickets, half the time and stickers, free, lol, go figure