PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Ed Annunziata

The Troubadour
07-18-2007, 04:57 PM
(This really belongs in the regular forum; my apologies)

Thanks to Blockster, I believe we have found a way to contact Ed Annunziata. He has a profile on the networking site LinkedIn, and for $20 you can upgrade your free account and send him an email. Since I am a newcomer, I am hesitant to do so, but I hope John or someone else who is articulate and understands our needs will take the plunge and send Ed an email.

Here is his profile bio on LinkedIn:

Development of software for children of all ages. Video games, computer games, and educational games. 20 years experience. Created original titles as well as licensed games. Companies include, Sega, Sony, LeapFrog and NOKIA. Original software experiences and unique concepts is my forte. Management of producers and development teams, both internal and external. Experience on PC, game consoles, mobile, and multiplayer internet games. Created SmallBall sports games (www.smallball.com)

My goal is to create original games and properties across all media.

Under "Current," Ed lists the following:

* CCO at Twofish inc
* Owner/President at AndNow LLC

John, are you out there? What do you think?

mlthmp
07-18-2007, 04:59 PM
This can only lead to more questions, and dead ends.

Take this from someone thats spent several hours upon hours trying to find ways to contact the man behind the game.

I promise you you won't like what you find if you keep digging.

Rally
07-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Hehe yeah Mike might be right but you never know what can happen.......

stubs
07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
I wonder how old that profile is? It does still list a link for SmallBall so that is encouraging. I agree with mlthmp though, digging for info about this topic will probably leave you with more questions than answers. :'(

The Troubadour
07-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I am not sure how old the profile is, but in this case the only digging is sending an email message directly to Ed. Additionally, the site says that he has phone numbers listed on his profile that those with upgraded accounts can access.

This isn't digging. It's direct contact.

Tmart54
07-18-2007, 06:57 PM
I am not sure how old the profile is, but in this case the only digging is sending an email message directly to Ed. Additionally, the site says that he has phone numbers listed on his profile that those with upgraded accounts can access.

This isn't digging. It's direct contact.

the phone numbers might work lol but he most likely got a new phone or somthing so the number is different lol

tthomp
07-18-2007, 07:33 PM
I think you are wasting your time. If he wanted contact with us he knows where to find us. It's not like he suddenly forgot that Smallball and the forums existed. At this point I think all we can do is wait and hope he makes a return.

Railhand
07-18-2007, 07:43 PM
If he is at Twofish now he probably has a "no competition" clause in his contract. This means he can have no contact or operational decisions at SmallBall. These are usually five year stipulations, thus the no contact from Commish but also the reason SmallBall is on "autopilot" right now, he knows how much we love this game. Just an idea and my own opinion, please don't read into this I have an inside track.

Kiwi-MAN
07-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Jeez...why is everyone so down? I think its just another chance to find the commish..... ;D

medric822
07-18-2007, 08:47 PM
After nearly, if not over, a year of complete silence, you just naturally start losing faith. I checked all prison records in 43-45 states, and His name never came up. So Jail's out. I tries checking online obits, but no luck there, so he may not be dead. Maybe he's bipolar, and go through these stages in life where he feels like doing nothing. Has anyone even tried filling out a missing persons report?

Maybe he did die, maybe he's in jail. Maybe he took what money he got from this game and said- "Thats enough." I dont know. I even offered to go on a roadtrip to find him if another person or two offered to go and spilt the costs. But it seems no matter what way we go, its a dead end.

To go out onto the deep side, maybe he's in witness protection. That would explain the silence, so the IP adress couldn't be traced to his new location. Maybe he's been deported. Maybe its just as simple as forgetting the password to his computer.

But then again, we come to the question, who knows.

What would help a little, is knowing his full first name, unless it is simply, just "Ed."

I dont know what to say, but that I'm in this with everyone else.

Devils Disciples
07-18-2007, 09:10 PM
If he is at Twofish now he probably has a "no competition" clause in his contract. This means he can have no contact or operational decisions at SmallBall. These are usually five year stipulations, thus the no contact from Commish but also the reason SmallBall is on "autopilot" right now, he knows how much we love this game. Just an idea and my own opinion, please don't read into this I have an inside track.
Somehow I think your dead on. Maybe it is the "no competition" clause in his contract. You would think if he was really going to leave smallball, that he would just shut it down completly. He has it on "autopilot" right now until maybe his contract is up? Just a guess..but sounds good O0

Issued-Away
07-18-2007, 09:18 PM
I think you are wasting your time. If he wanted contact with us he knows where to find us. It's not like he suddenly forgot that Smallball and the forums existed. At this point I think all we can do is wait and hope he makes a return.

I agree with tthomp. If Commish wanted to contact us, he knows where we are. Going on a manhunt to find him will only bug him, his co-workers or his family members, or if the scenario is anything like Rail's guess, it could hurt him at a new job. If he's going to come back, he's going to decide to do it himself; I doubt if someone miraculously gets a hold of him it'll make him go "Oh! They got me. Time to go back home." Your hearts are in the right places, but right now we don't need detectives. We need enthusiastic members of the community, and a whole hell of a lot of hope.

BP
07-18-2007, 09:26 PM

Ed definitely knows where to find us if he could or wanted to. He knows how addicting this game is, and decided to let it run without an higher power watching over us, and he did this for a reason that nobody knows. There is still income coming in from this game! People are still buying tickets and that money is going SOMEWHERE. I think we should self-run this game, and if he comes back, Cool, cause he's a cool guy to chat with, listens(sometimes), and is always willing to make this game better. If he doesn't come back, then OH WELL.

ERG
07-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Personally, in my case anyway, I don't think trying to contact the guy who's pockets we are potentially filling is defined as "bugging." Someone has to be running this game, and if not Ed, let's find out who. The game works, but there's no guarantees. It could go down in ten minutes, and if it does, who's to say it would ever come up. I prefer not to gamble on things like that, but here I am, still playing this game. If you've got the will to search for the Commissioner, and or contact him, no contract in human kind can block you from sending him an email. I say go for it.

Kiwi-MAN
07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Personally, in my case anyway,  I don't think trying to contact the guy who's pockets we are potentially filling is defined as "bugging."  Someone has to be running this game, and if not Ed, let's find out who.  The game works, but there's no guarantees.  It could go down in ten minutes, and if it does, who's to say it would ever come up.  I prefer not to gamble on things like that, but here I am, still playing this game.  If you've got the will to search for the Commissioner, and or contact him, no contract in human kind can block you from sending him an email.  I say go for it.
Atta boy! haha..i agree, it cant do any harm at all

mlthmp
07-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Atta boy! haha..i agree, it cant do any harm at all

Unless he finally gets tired of people trying to bother him.. and he pulls the plug?

Look, the game is running for now. The forums are up for now thanks to Jon. I say we enjoy things until we're no longer able to. I've played this game since March 2002.. if it ended tomorrow I'll say I had a pretty good run (even though I only made it to PL3 three times) I've made a few friends here, and I've made an enemy or two I'll take to my grave with me.

So be it.

Odds are Commish wont be coming back.. and you can take it from me I have ran down every lead you will ever find.. you will not make contact with Commish.. You MAY be able to make contact with "someone".. but Ed is out of the equation..

Commish works for another company now.. many of Andnow's top people work for other companies now.. contacting them won't do any good as far as Andnow and/or Smallball goes. Andnow has become like a side project I believe (you can find this information if you look hard enough.. Lord knows I did)

The day people get tired of unsolicited emails, phone calls, letters, etc.. the game may well be put to rest.. I just want everyone to think about that.. If Gerry gets tired of people leaving him Voice mails.. the game may die.. if Commish gets tired of being "tracked" the game may die.

All *I'M* asking for.. is you use a little common sense and ask yourself this.. if it was you how would it make you feel?

E. Ettore Annunziata is just like you or me. He requires money to pay his bills, requires money to live his life to the fullest.. if Smallball / Andnow was no longer providing him enough.. he moved on like you or I would if our current jobs were no longer making us profit.

ERG
07-19-2007, 07:42 AM
I highly doubt he's going to pull the plug on a game, that's still making money, mind you, because he get's too much spam.

I get tired of spam, doesn't mean I turn of the internet... I get tired of being interrupted every night at dinner by telemarketers, doesn't mean I shut down the telephone lines...

I understand Mike that you feel we need to cease trying to find out about the circumstances, and just leave him alone. BUT, I have never in all of my life had to deal with a business who didn't tell us where the money that we spent was going. Whether it be advertising, server costs, or salaries. --I would like to know that. If we all just stopped putting money into this game, then fine, we don't need to know anything, after all, we in no way support this game. But, as a paying customer, we have rights. The right to ask questions, the right to know of any changes in management, and the right to know the state of the business in which we support.

mlthmp
07-19-2007, 07:48 AM
ERG, Im not trying to persuade anyone from doing anything.. Im just saying.. you may not like what you find if you're successful.

Im not saying we should stop trying to find out what happened.. but I think its time we stop expecting any type of answer.. there are alot of people that have spent alot of time and resources trying to find answers. Some have found a few, which make things look even bleaker than before.

All im saying.. is unless you want to end up more upset than you already are.. and unless you want to be left with more questions than you already have.. it may not be worth it.

Beaner
07-19-2007, 07:57 AM
The argument over whether or not bugging him too much will cause the game to be shut down set aside, I just don't understand what is hoped to be accomplished by tracking him down. What do you think he is going to do? I had some fairly close contact with Ed over the years going back to mid 2001, and I can tell you that the man was very passionate about this game. It was his "baby". I can assure you that he would not have disappeared if he did not believe that it was what was best for him. I don't know whose basement the server is sitting in that this game is running on, but I'm pretty sure it's not Ed's. He's made a clean break from Smallball and likely isn't coming back. Even if you contacted him, I doubt that he could answer any questions that you have.

steve0
07-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Have you guys ever thought Ed searches the forums to look for bugs and other things that are going on? Well this is what i think. Maybe this is the best he can do with smallball, he might not want to show him self because he does not want so many questions to be asked. Well good luck on the search

mlthmp
07-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Have you guys ever thought Ed searches the forums to look for bugs and other things that are going on? Well this is what i think. Maybe this is the best he can do with smallball, he might not want to show him self because he does not want so many questions to be asked. Well good luck on the search

No, he isn't in the forums..

There wouldn't have been a server crash, there wouldn't have been a period without forums.
Smallball is a ship without a captain for the time being.

steve0
07-19-2007, 08:40 AM
We have our captain, it's jon2s. :)

mlthmp
07-19-2007, 08:44 AM

Yes, Jon is THE man behind the FORUMS.
but the game is another subject altogether.. we're living on a hope, prayer and a thread if the server crashes again, etc.

Issued-Away
07-19-2007, 08:44 AM

If you really want to get into it, Jon is more like the pirate that took over the ship after the Captain abandoned. I wish he had the key to the treasure chest as well. Ok, enough of the analogies...I hate pirateers...

medric822
07-19-2007, 11:38 AM
MUTINY!

Tmart54
07-20-2007, 07:55 PM
so who brought smallball back after it went down for a few hours or so last year remember i think we got a note or somthing when we opened smallball

medric822
07-20-2007, 10:32 PM
If it was last year, probably comish.

mlthmp
07-21-2007, 07:37 AM
If you are talking about the most recent server crash, and when the season start date was changed..

Well.. don't be so sure it was Ed Annunziata that was behind that..

We keep trying to tell you guys this easily.. but commish himself is just gone.. There may be someone else watching things somewhat.. but its not him.

Tmart54
07-21-2007, 11:05 AM
If you are talking about the most recent server crash, and when the season start date was changed..

Well.. don't be so sure it was Ed Annunziata that was behind that..

We keep trying to tell you guys this easily.. but commish himself is just gone.. There may be someone else watching things somewhat.. but its not him.

i was just pointing out that apparently at that time someone was watching over the game

The Troubadour
07-21-2007, 02:05 PM
BTW...it was asked what we are hoping to accomplish by finding or contacting Ed. Try this: stopping Bill and his PL1 cheating. He's turning PL1 into a crazy place where everyone must wait until the last minute to play an absurd amount of games so that Bill will have a worse chance of figuring out to whom he should throw games: Missy's Angels or Myths n' Legends.

Good enough reason???

mlthmp
07-21-2007, 04:42 PM
BTW...it was asked what we are hoping to accomplish by finding or contacting Ed. Try this: stopping Bill and his PL1 cheating. He's turning PL1 into a crazy place where everyone must wait until the last minute to play an absurd amount of games so that Bill will have a worse chance of figuring out to whom he should throw games: Missy's Angels or Myths n' Legends.

Good enough reason???

Number one, from here on out please call him commish, etc. He never liked being called by his name in the forums.

Secondly, go for it buddy.. no one here can, or will try and stop you.. if you'll re read whats been said we're just trying to keep you from feeling worse about things than you already do.

I PROMISE you this.. for every answer you'll find you'll get two more questions

The Troubadour
07-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Number one, from here on out please call him commish, etc. He never liked being called by his name in the forums.

Secondly, go for it buddy.. no one here can, or will try and stop you.. if you'll re read whats been said we're just trying to keep you from feeling worse about things than you already do.

I PROMISE you this.. for every answer you'll find you'll get two more questions

A) If "Commish" is gone, as you say, then using his name here should not be a concern, particularly if his affiliation is no longer active. There is no disrespect in doing so, nor is any annonymity being ruined.
B) As for what people prefer to be called, I'd prefer not to be called "buddy."
C) The fear of the questions that may be uncovered by further attempts is unfortunate, to put it mildly. Should those who don't know the facts on the ground in Iraq or Darfur not inquire because of the disturbing information to be found? Not that this is an analogy, mind you, but the logic stands. The fear of information and for some of our voices to be heard is just a product of this culture of fear we live in. Protests matter. Union strikes matter. Democratic votes matter. And shareholders of companies who petition for a word with their CEO matter.

End of story. Now excuse me as I seek out the "Commish."

wileyone
07-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Actually Mlthmp, I respect the world of you, and what you do on here (and in your day to day life. I sincerely mean that), but i think if Troubadour wants to follow thru with what he wants to do we should maybe encourage and not discourage. We know others have tried and failed, but who are we to say he wont have a different approach and succeed. Worst thing that can happen is we continue on with our lives as they exist on these forums and with the friends we have made. If he gets anywhere I know all of us would appreciate an answer to those findings. If he doesnt, hey he tried, and life goes on

P.s We dont have a Commish at the moment, but we do have an ED that used to be the commish. So its fair to call him either name, but I prefer Ed, seeing as how he probably feels more comfortable right now being called that, then the commish

Beaner
07-23-2007, 06:52 AM

Good enough reason???

Sure, it's a very noble cause for sure. I certainly cannot fault your intentions. Of course you can go on your quest if you so desire. All I was trying to say is that due to the fact that commish is no longer running this game, that he is not going to fix anything or stop anyone from cheating, even you do somehow manage to contact him. Now I'm not naive enough to think I know everything, so there is no way I can really say any of that with absolute 100% certainty. More power to you, and good luck.

Oh, and anyone that wants to call me "buddy" is more than welcome to. ;)

ERG
07-23-2007, 07:05 AM
A) If "Commish" is gone, as you say, then using his name here should not be a concern, particularly if his affiliation is no longer active. There is no disrespect in doing so, nor is any annonymity being ruined.
B) As for what people prefer to be called, I'd prefer not to be called "buddy."
C) The fear of the questions that may be uncovered by further attempts is unfortunate, to put it mildly. Should those who don't know the facts on the ground in Iraq or Darfur not inquire because of the disturbing information to be found? Not that this is an analogy, mind you, but the logic stands. The fear of information and for some of our voices to be heard is just a product of this culture of fear we live in. Protests matter. Union strikes matter. Democratic votes matter. And shareholders of companies who petition for a word with their CEO matter.

End of story. Now excuse me as I seek out the "Commish."

You've got my support if needed... ;) ---I still never called that number...

Pizzarony
07-23-2007, 07:41 AM
Someone who lives in or around Half Moon Bay should try to contact him... Look in the phone book or something...

Sheesh.

dekid
07-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Someone who lives in or around Half Moon Bay should try to contact him... Look in the phone book or something...

Sheesh.

Sounds like a lead story for sbsportscenter.

mlthmp
07-23-2007, 04:14 PM

Sheesh.

Half Moon Bay isn't where you should be looking anymore.

;D

Hooter
03-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Well I hoped your came here to read this Thread Commish while we are waiting to hear what you have to say about the Season Reset...

Thanks,

Hooter