PDA

View Full Version : Finding Pitchers question

Wallclimber
07-18-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm a 3 star now and I've have two pitchers but i don't know if they are the ones or not. They seem to lose a lot. I just picked them at the beginning of the season with no thought and never tried to find my pitchers. Can i still find my pitchers with 3 star since I already trained my pitchers in pitch a lot?

Bailey
07-18-2007, 12:25 AM
yes you can still find your true pitchers, it takes time, 1-2 weeks, but its worth it

now get your 2 pitchers and use them as batters whilst you train all your other guys, some in pitch whilst you will have a catcher and some in bat, rotating is the key here

then on free dt friday log into the dt trainer and check your progress, and train all your players in run on that day, once you are getting gains of .01 in the st trainer you will have maxed your pitcher and go to the next guy making note to put that guy in as a batter or get in throwing,

throwing in st is easy, get 3 guys that need throw and are your highest in pitch and put them, lf, cf, rf, and then click on the cf and then enable field train, they will throw to the cf and he inturn will throw back to the rf and lf

once you think you have maxed your pitchers in run, throw and pitch then just train them in feilding, throw and catch for about a week and then log into the free dt friday again to see who the top 4 are in pitch, they will be your pitchers, when you play games, some will be better than the others so be sure to keep trying them all until you have your final 2,

hope that is clear
gl

mlthmp
07-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Sure, just like Bailey said :)

Its much better to go ahead and start on it NOW, instead of waiting until you're a really high star team, or in the PLs, etc. If you've already trained some in throwing and running, you're probably AHEAD of where you thought you were.. seeing how both those skills have some effect on your pitcher's abilities..

Wallclimber
07-18-2007, 09:20 AM
ok, thanks ;D

07-18-2007, 01:10 PM
im just wondering when do you know you found your pitcher? is there a max mph? or how much mph you lose in a day? if some1 could help me out with some numbers or anything it would be greatly appreciated because i train all the time and am just having a hard time figuring out who should go where

Findlay Rocks
07-18-2007, 02:17 PM
on my team the guy maxes at 112

BP
07-18-2007, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't look at the MPH when trying to find your pitcher. The person that is a good pitcher for your team will be the player that maxes out (can't gain any more pitch gains) and after a couple of days, takes the least amount of pie to get back to being maxed in pitch again. A maxed pitcher is hard to beat, no matter what MPH they are throwing. Most of mine pitch in between 110-113.

mlthmp
07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't look at the MPH when trying to find your pitcher. The person that is a good pitcher for your team will be the player that maxes out (can't gain any more pitch gains) and after a couple of days, takes the least amount of pie to get back to being maxed in pitch again. A maxed pitcher is hard to beat, no matter what MPH they are throwing. Most of mine pitch in between 110-113.

Bingo!

I've had a pitcher max out at 108 before.. not the fastest, but he could go for days without losing but maybe 1 or 2 MPH off his top speed.. he was a solid pitcher too.. didn't give up many Hrs, etc.

Also don't forget guys (mainly for you new guys) if your pitcher throws too fast.. he gives up more HRs.

07-18-2007, 03:50 PM
well my guy maxs around 110 but the next time i train him (24 hours) hes only down to 106ish should i look for the guy who throws 113 or should i stick with my current guy?

mlthmp
07-18-2007, 04:04 PM
well my guy maxs around 110 but the next time i train him (24 hours) hes only down to 106ish should i look for the guy who throws 113 or should i stick with my current guy?

eeek!

losing 4mph in 24 hours.. that may not be the best guy.. how is his throwing and running skills.. are they up to par?

07-18-2007, 06:30 PM
yes they are decent

BP
07-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Like I said before, don't even worry about the MPH as it is just used as a guideline. If you train them on half pies after a day, and it takes more than half of that half pie, then I wouldn't bother with him anymore. You need somebody that will almost be maxed the next day after training.

Bailey
07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
he has to win games, even after 1 day from training, think of that as you final selection process, make a note of the guys that were 3rd, 4th, 5th and then try them later if the first 2 are not working

Railhand
07-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Keep an eye on the ERA too. If he has a low ERA he is pretty good even if his speed is not where you want it to be.

mlthmp
07-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Keep an eye on the ERA too. If he has a low ERA he is pretty good even if his speed is not where you want it to be.

True.. but remember.. there are some GOOD teams in SB.. you could have a 5 or 6 ERA and still be a "good" pitcher.. lol

The best advice I could give would be to watch him play.. see how he does and go from there.

07-19-2007, 09:32 AM
well he has a good era and always does just fine just why should i have my pitcher throw 110 when he can throw 113 basically i just want to find my pitcher before i go into the pro league

Railhand
07-19-2007, 10:46 AM
FInding pitchers is a lot like black magic, not everyone can do it. Bottom line, can he win you more games than you lose? ERA is only part of the equation, speed is only part, heart makes up more than those two combined. Does he get more grounders or fly balls? Find the player that wins you games and go with him. Find another who is almost as good or has better stats for a second pitcher.

Wallclimber
07-19-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm finding my pitchers now and by looking at them..I found some that i know are the best. Should I still go through the process?