PDA

View Full Version : rookie-player skills and positions

yohanx
04-19-2007, 08:00 AM
hey all i just started small ball, and i am being told i should find out what is which players strength and i will know which position to put them in and so on, but how am i supposed to do that, is there a way in teh basic trainer to find that out?

Vriezzer
04-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Well, a very import person in your team is the pitcher. He can make it such more easier to win games.
You can find your 'real' pitcher by training all of your players in pitching like 3 days, or more days. Then use the Deluxe trainer on friday (DT is free on friday) to see how your pitchers throw and take the best 2 pitchers. Those 2 pitchers are going to be trained in pitching for some more days and after that you should see wich of them has the most talent for being a pitcher. 8)

After that it is just training all of the other players in all deciplines. Try some set-ups and use the games to observate.

Good luck and welcome to smallball!

UNC FAN
04-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Can someone link him to the ST Trainer guide? I can't remember where it is.

rb_sk8r619
04-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Can someone link him to the ST Trainer guide? I can't remember where it is.

http://smallball.org/index.php/topic,100.0.html

yohanx
04-19-2007, 10:02 AM
thanks

UNC FAN
04-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Any ol' time.

Bailey
04-21-2007, 12:47 AM
hey all i just started small ball, and i am being told i should find out what is which players strength and i will know which position to put them in and so on, but how am i supposed to do that, is there a way in teh basic trainer to find that out?
when they say to find your pitcher, remember thaty you can find your catcher etc, the same way

gl, playing games will not neccessarily show you your improvement though, until you get to around 8* or up