PDA

View Full Version : My 1-3 loss per day pitcher was throwing 105 today...

Sphere of Influence
02-01-2009, 05:01 PM
To my shock I loged in (on time before the 24 hour period) to my pitcher who is a 1-3 loss guy.. pitching 105 miles an hour.. that was the first pitch.. He then hit 104 with a maximum of 108. Im shocked.. whats going on here? This has happened before.. where are these random losses coming from??

I used to get yelled at for this but I used to have a theory that initiating too many games takes skill away from the pitcher (initiating games causes the pitcher to lose a given amount of skill per initiation.) This is the argument that initially made me go nuts and yell at people that I was right.. I dont think I ever recovered from that and was arguing non stop since then but Im bringing it up again. I remember initiating 5 games yesterday.. Either Im imagining things and Im right or the skill loss system is out of whack!

(missed Beaner's thread sorry that was dumb of me)

willybang
02-01-2009, 05:49 PM
I used to get yelled at for this but I used to have a theory that initiating too many games takes skill away from the pitcher (initiating games causes the pitcher to lose a given amount of skill per initiation.) This is the argument that initially made me go nuts and yell at people that I was right.. I dont think I ever recovered from that and was arguing non stop since then but Im bringing it up again.

You are not alone in this theory...

I have considered it to be a factor as it has happened to me many times.
Especially if I initiate all my PL games one after another, by the end my pitch speed has dropped.
I have discussed it with a number of the established trainers (MW, Nelmo etc)
But no-one is certain as fatigue is not supposed to be factored into Smallball.

Yet its a mystery that I have encountered...

stubs
02-01-2009, 06:27 PM
It might be a mystery, but I think it may also have something to do with a season switch. Quite often I will notice a slight "extra" decrease in a skill right after the season switch. It doesn't happen every season, to the same players and not always the same skill.

GodofAcid
02-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Something is going on. My pitcher was 1-3 every day without fail. Now I'm getting way too many 5s and 6s. I've also been initiating alot more games trying to figure out my lineup for this season so you might be right. I'll probably stop initiating and see what happens.