PDA

View Full Version : Lefty Replacements

Lahoward
01-28-2009, 10:32 PM
If I have a lefty and replace him with a rookie ticket will he automatically be lefty again?

If not is there a chance that replacing a righty with rookie ticket would result in a lefty being born? Thanks

redbirds33
01-28-2009, 10:39 PM
No. I think there's a slim chance he could be a lefty, but it's a new player that will most likely be a righty.

Beaner
01-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Trust me when I tell you that a rookie or super rookie can most definitely switch the hitter. I learned the hard way after applying lefty tickets, only to have them switched back to righties with rookie tickets (and the other way around).

Lahoward
01-28-2009, 11:03 PM
My team is only 5* but my sole lefty really sucks in the attribute dept. He's tied for 10th spot in offense, 11th in def & tied for 8th in pitching. I have 2 others that are worse off than him but he being my only lefty i am thinking i may have to replace him with rk ticket then replace him with lefty ticket after.

Well thanks guys and for beaner thats what i was hoping to avoid :)

Rsandz
01-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Wait until you get to 9* before using the rookie or lefty ticket. You'll have a better idea of who needs it the most

Lahoward
01-28-2009, 11:18 PM
I was wondering if that would be best. Will do thanks rsandz

Rsandz
01-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Yeah once you get to 9*, you may find that your player will actually be a better player than he seems right now. Just be patient

BP
01-29-2009, 12:58 AM
Yes, definitely wait until you get to a really high 9* and you are pretty close to maxing out all your skills and in the Proleagues. You will know a lot more about those players then than you will at 5*, because they have not began to max out their skills and you cannot determine their maximum capabilities. Maybe some player is slow to learn it while training up the stars, but he holds the skill very well. Then he's still a very valuable asset.

tthomp
01-29-2009, 07:30 AM
I've heard it's possibly for a rookie ticket to switch a player from lefty to righty but, I've used more then a half dozen on my team and it has not happened yet. This is on my 12 lefty team.

epiphanic
01-29-2009, 08:03 AM
No. I think there's a slim chance he could be a lefty, but it's a new player that will most likely be a righty.

I think you have it wrong. While it is possible that a player will "switch" when the rookie is applied, but it's still relatively rare. If you rookie a player more often than not, the new player will hit from the same side as the old.

I don't think there's a probability that a player will hit righty or hit lefty when a rookie is applied. It's a probability that a player will "switch" when the rookie is applied.

BP
01-29-2009, 06:03 PM
I think you have it wrong. While it is possible that a player will "switch" when the rookie is applied, but it's still relatively rare. If you rookie a player more often than not, the new player will hit from the same side as the old.

I don't think there's a probability that a player will hit righty or hit lefty when a rookie is applied. It's a probability that a player will "switch" when the rookie is applied.

Correct!

With my experience with rookies, though, it's only about a 5% chance.