PDA

View Full Version : Best Training Session in the DT

Lemon
01-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Whats the best way to train your team in the Deluxe Trainer?

yungcurtis
01-19-2009, 08:58 PM
It all depends on the needs of your team.

Lemon
01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
how can i tell the needs of my team?

wats the best way to train my team if i want them to be an all-rounder?

yungcurtis
01-19-2009, 09:03 PM
if you just started your team my first suggestion is to find your pitchers.

GodofAcid
01-19-2009, 09:08 PM
And if you need to know how to do that, check out this thread:

http://www.smallball.org/showthread.php?t=10075

Keep in mind that this process takes a few weeks. It's the most tedious part of this game, but if you want to compete with the best it's a necessity.

Pizzarony
01-19-2009, 09:10 PM
My strategy is to find your pitchers first of all. That is where you place everyone on the pitcher's mound for about 3 or 4 days straight and choose the top 2 on the sorted pitch skill list and mark them with a special symbol so you remember who the pitchers are. After I find the pitchers, I continue putting the top 2 pitchers on the pitcher's mound while I place everyone else on the running track. I do that because running is used in both offense and defense, so you become better on both sides of the game with only training one skill. I repeat the above steps until the players are maxed out. Maxed out means that they stop gaining by increments of 1 or greater. If you see gains like +0.01, then chances are, your player is maxed in that skill. After the pitchers are maxed in pitch, I move them to the running track. After the other players are maxed in run, then I move them to a random area.

Hope that helps.

redbirds33
01-19-2009, 09:21 PM
That's such a vague question, it's hard to answer. Of course you want to find your pitchers the right way, like others have said.

You said you want a balanced team, but I'm a big fan of only training in pitching and defense until your team is like 7*. Running helps on offense and defense, so it's an important one.

Good luck!

Beaner
01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Keep in mind Lemon that there is no one "right way" to do things. In my opinion a big part of the fun of this game is figuring out what works best for you. Using someone elses step-by-step guide will take a lot of the mystery out of it. It's cool to get some little tips here and there, but save some of the mystery for yourself to discover. :wink5:

Best of luck! :beaner: