PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question (Training and Positions)

Lemon
01-19-2009, 07:06 PM
I was just wondering what is the best training method i can use to train my team?

How can i find out each individual players prefered position?

mlthmp
01-19-2009, 07:07 PM
First we need some info so we can really help you =)
For example, is your team ST or DT? Pitchers found, etc?

Lemon
01-19-2009, 07:14 PM
wats ST and DT stand for? and no pitchers found. im just starting out. all i hav them doing is fielding balls and pitching and passive training atm

GodofAcid
01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
If you're just starting out, best place to start is by checking out Mike's guide which is stickied at the top of this section. About the best possible info you can get for starting out.

yungcurtis
01-19-2009, 07:30 PM
If you're just starting out, best place to start is by checking out Mike's guide which is stickied at the top of this section. About the best possible info you can get for starting out.

I agree w/ GoA that guide should be good for you.

Roughnecks
01-19-2009, 07:32 PM
http://www.smallball.org/showthread.php?t=8746

Lemon
01-19-2009, 07:39 PM
cheers guys! the help has been great. and it would be muchly appreciated if u could keep on giving me tips and hints bout training smallball baseball in general

GodofAcid
01-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Best tip I could give you is in that guide, that balanced training is the smartest way to go. I'm not an expert like alot of these guys but I find that my 8* team has had a winning record mostly because even at 8*, I find many teams around my ability level who still focus too heavily on one area and my balance tends to win out.

Specifically, too many people fall in love with a flashy offense and neglecting your defense isn't a good way to win.

epiphanic
01-19-2009, 10:26 PM
cheers guys! the help has been great. and it would be muchly appreciated if u could keep on giving me tips and hints bout training smallball baseball in general

:for_nic:

There's a wealth of knowledge for those who look.

yungcurtis
01-19-2009, 10:31 PM
:for_nic:

There's a wealth of knowledge for those who look.

Nic is right!
If you take the time to search through the forums and pick up many helpful tips.

jimmygfat
01-20-2009, 08:43 AM
My tip... be a dedicated trainer. That means every 24 hrs you are training your team. It could just be your 3 bench guys, but be there every 24 hours and you’ll do OK.
There are some great trainers in this crazy game and then there are some trainers like me… we just won’t stop training.