PDA

View Full Version : How to find your pitcher?

Commish
12-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey!! Anyone know the state of the art on how to find the best man for pitching. I just started a fresh new team. They are 1* and it's been a long, long time since I trained.

Any specific advice would be appreciated.

LilChris2434
12-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Hey!! Anyone know the state of the art on how to find the best man for pitching. I just started a fresh new team. They are 1* and it's been a long, long time since I trained.

WHOA!!!:shocked:
I don't know much, but I do know that your run and trhow skills play a part in your pitchers ability.

UNC FAN
12-22-2008, 03:42 PM
PM Maurice2211 and ask him for all his training advice!

This might help a little: http://www.smallball.org/showthread.php?t=8746

This is an ST guide written by Mike: http://www.smallball.org/showthread.php?t=6977

bobjones83
12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
well since your new is ST right now I am assuming that is how you are going to train then I would follow Mike's ST guide.
http://www.smallball.org/showthread.php?t=6977

There is a good section on finding your pitcher in ST in it.
Granted this is only one method of finding your pitcher but it is a start.

*Edit* I guess UNC Fan beat me to it.

stubs
12-22-2008, 06:16 PM

You delve into the server code. Find the codes for your teams skill levels and manually set them all to 10*. Then wait (or use the code for skill loss) and see who ends up best. (this only applies to Commish because he is the only one with this kind of access).

If you are going to do it the hard way, take someone else's advice. :biggrinjester:

NYYankeesFan
12-22-2008, 06:21 PM
You delve into the server code. Find the codes for your teams skill levels and manually set them all to 10*. Then wait (or use the code for skill loss) and see who ends up best. (this only applies to Commish because he is the only one with this kind of access).

If you are going to do it the hard way, take someone else's advice. :biggrinjester:

That is funny lol

epiphanic
12-22-2008, 08:17 PM
:for_nic:

In seriousness, I (after reading many threads on the subject) maxed everyone in pitching skill and the monitored the sort list for a few days after that and made my decision after that. As I was maxing everyone I would have the two players that were tops as batter and catcher each training session and the bottom three were put on the bench to gain extra TP. As time progresses, certain players may be eliminated from consideration before everyone maxes. They can be used to catch/bat to conserve TP for those still in contention.

SlipnSliders
12-22-2008, 10:08 PM
The humbleness of the Commish, gotta love it! Glad to have you back training man.

GodofAcid
12-22-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm no expert but.. if we're talkin about DT, I think good old fashioned trial and error is the best way to go. Max them out (as was said, some can be eliminated before it gets to that point but if you're a perfectionist like me you'll probably waste your time doing it anyway) and then take about 3 sessions where you study who retains the best. Right now I've got 2 or 3 slowpokes left to max, but I have one who consistently retains better than the rest, so as long as one of the slow guys doesn't end up surprising me, I've pretty much found my pitcher. If there's a better method I'd love to know it cause it would save me some time :biggrin5:

redbirds33
12-23-2008, 07:30 AM
In short, max them all in pitch skill, and then see who gains and retains the skill the best.

yungcurtis
12-23-2008, 08:53 AM
ii think Commish should follow mike's guide, it helped my team 614702 tremedously

Commish
12-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm having fun :)

Mikes guide is really good, thanks!