PDA

View Full Version : gifts/prizes

yungcurtis
12-06-2008, 04:48 PM
is there any way to know what is inside gift box that is recieved from moving up in the PL's w/o using it??

epiphanic
12-06-2008, 06:36 PM
No.

jwizz
12-06-2008, 06:57 PM
well in a way, from 8-4 it's QTs(which you cant tell till you get it), and from 3-1 its Stads i beleive(which you cant tell till you get it)

redbirds33
12-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Stadiums for PLs 1-3!?! I didn't know that, but I've never been beyond PL4. Is that true?

Wookie8662
12-06-2008, 07:28 PM
I have never gotten a stadium from the PLs.
You can get multiple tickets in the higher leagues/positions.

yungcurtis
12-06-2008, 08:48 PM
so what if i get a QT, will it tell me what kind it is in the e-mail?? or will ii have 2 actually use it 2 know what it is?

mlthmp
12-06-2008, 08:59 PM
so what if i get a QT, will it tell me what kind it is in the e-mail?? or will ii have 2 actually use it 2 know what it is?

No to both.

In the email you'll get the actual ticket code (the email will call it a "Surprise Ticket")

Use the ticket window in the SB loader, enter the code and press "Check"

It'll tell you what the code is.

yungcurtis
12-06-2008, 09:05 PM
ohh ok.. thanks now ii get it.. that makes sense

jwizz
12-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Stadiums for PLs 1-3!?! I didn't know that, but I've never been beyond PL4. Is that true?

Well im not sure about it, but i know i've heard someone say it, when i pass PL3 this upcoming season ill let you know ;)

epiphanic
12-06-2008, 09:51 PM
That assumes you actually get your ticket.

mlthmp
12-07-2008, 01:37 AM
That assumes you actually get your ticket.

You know, its so strange how that works. Some people always gets theirs, while others never seem to. Usually mine come as soon as I open the ST on my teams. I think I've only had issues getting mine once or twice since I've been playing.

DarkElf
12-07-2008, 02:44 AM
well in a way, from 8-4 it's QTs(which you cant tell till you get it), and from 3-1 its Stads i beleive(which you cant tell till you get it)

Who told you that?

When in PL1, you can get QTs, Batting Camp, Training Day, but I've never heard of anyone getting a stadium. Or for that matter, a rookie or lefty either. I have no idea if PL2-8 gets different stuff b/c I was in PL1 when Commish introduced the prizes.

fishtremble
12-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Wow Elf that was something I never knew. So far I have never received anything other than the QT's and in PL1 it was just 3 QT's for staying in the top 3 each season in PL1. Had no idea anything else was ever given. Hopefully I will return to test that someday when the boys decide they want to play again. :)

Jim
12-07-2008, 07:41 AM
The top 3 places in PL1 get a 3-pack of QT's and even if you placed third, your e-mail will say it's for "winning" PL1, LOL. All others who move up a league will just get 1 QT and it could be any thing except stad's,lefties or rookies. The only batting camps and training day tickets I ever got were only in PL1.

I also would like to say how great it is to have DarkElf back posting again. I just think it's so cool that you are willing to help us with our questions about how this game works. I read every post you make and take it to heart, as you all should....the man is a genius!:biggrin5:

stubs
12-07-2008, 07:54 AM
I also would like to say how great it is to have DarkElf back posting again. I just think it's so cool that you are willing to help us with our questions about how this game works. I read every post you make and take it to heart, as you all should....the man is a genius!:biggrin5:
I agree wholeheartedly, Jim. DE has such a keen insight through the stats he collects for his team. The analysis he provides is also very specific. None of the "I saw this happened and I think it's because this..." Just the facts.

On the subject. I have never heard of anyone ever getting a stadium. Perhaps the person who had passed this knowledge on to jwizz (or the person who got this information and then passed it to the person who passed it on to jwizz...etc.) had been mixed up and had gotten Centennial at the time they won one of those upper leagues (or some other anomaly).

DarkElf
12-07-2008, 08:08 AM
In other words, I'm just a geek. :smile5: Thanks, guys.

On the subject of getting Batting Camp and Training Day tickets as prizes, keep in mind that these are SINGLE USE versions of these tickets.

stubs
12-07-2008, 08:26 AM
In other words, I'm just a geek. :smile5: Thanks, guys.
No offense meant. I really appreciate your help, probably more than you know. Besides, I think I might be the bigger geek. I just haven't had the time to put it all together they way I think you have.

DarkElf
12-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Of course not. Real geeks view that as the supreme form of flattery! :)

"You're a geek!"

"Why thank you so much, that's kind of you to say."

I have a lot of friends who work at NASA (I used to live in DC). They think I'M the geek. LOL

Gotta go to work now. Later.

redbirds33
12-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I have a lot of friends who work at NASA
That says a lot right there, lol!

Thanks for all your help, and I second Jim's post.

mlthmp
12-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Third, no doubt =)

Buckeyes
12-13-2008, 06:32 PM
what is a training day ticket?

LilChris2434
12-13-2008, 07:19 PM

I don't know Dark Elf either, but I can say I learned much from reading his posts. Especially the one about finding your pitchers.:cheers2: