PDA

View Full Version : Positions

GraphicGoose
10-15-2008, 01:19 AM
So my 2 teams are 6 stars, and I have found the pitchers, but am confused as to what the other players positions are.

Can someone tell me their strategy for this step. How do you find your best SS, LF, 1b etc.

Thanks

jimmygfat
10-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Your true postions won't be revealed until your team is a 9*. Also don't judge Smallball positions the same as Baseball positions.

redbirds33
10-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Different trainers will tell you different things, but you should order your players by speed, throw, and catch skills and then decide where you want to play each player. Where you position your players is a huge thing that will make you or break you and your team. Think long and hard about it, and watch some games in the process to see where the skills come into play.

mlthmp
10-15-2008, 04:15 PM
I tend to agree with the above (Speed, throw, and then catch) for positioning.

For me, I put my fastest runners in CF and RF, to help minimize damage that leftys can do with runners on (the gap, aka "lefty advantage")

I like to put my strongest arms at SS, and then 2nd to help minimize infield hits, and possibly turn extra double plays. Third strongest arm in LF, 4th at 3rd base.

I usually use my catcher position for my best offensive player, with the worst defensive stats.. since the C position in Smallball is useless, lol.

jimmygfat
10-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Mike you know what is weird, I had a game last season where a catcher threw my guy out when he over ran second. I have never seen that one before.

Duggie
10-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Some people put a player in a certain position and never move him from there - their CF will always be their CF, and they adjust their training to keep him skilled in that position.
Other people train their individual players and decide where to put them, after each and every training session...
So the question is, do you want to train a player for a position, or do you want to position your players based on training?
If your team is 6* and you have just found the pitchers, you have a ways to go (good foundation, though!) to find out what their strengths and weaknesses are...

mlthmp
10-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Mike you know what is weird, I had a game last season where a catcher threw my guy out when he over ran second. I have never seen that one before.

WOW.. I cant say I've ever seen that before either.. that is awesome!