PDA

View Full Version : SB Footy Stats

stubs
04-12-2008, 11:23 AM
I didn't know if this needed to be posted here (since I guess not everyone who plays Football views the Baseball threads). I'm working on creating a Pro-League stats site for SmallBall. I started with Baseball and have gotten several request to include the Football stats.

Here's the link for the thread about this site: http://www.smallball.org/index.php/topic,7575.0.html
Here's the link for the stats site if you are interested: http://www.thesmalltribe.com/SBStats/Footy.asp

BTW, all of the seasons are not included yet for Football. I only saw up to season 79 on the page that shows the seasons and since I don't play Football, I didn't realize there were more seasons. I'll work on getting those added to the site soon.

billisbiz
04-12-2008, 11:32 AM
I didn't know if this needed to be posted here (since I guess not everyone who plays Football views the Baseball threads). I'm working on creating a Pro-League stats site for SmallBall. I started with Baseball and have gotten several request to include the Football stats.

Here's the link for the thread about this site: http://www.smallball.org/index.php/topic,7575.0.html
Here's the link for the stats site if you are interested: http://www.thesmalltribe.com/Footy.asp

BTW, all of the seasons are not included yet for Football. I only saw up to season 79 on the page that shows the seasons and since I don't play Football, I didn't realize there were more seasons. I'll work on getting those added to the site soon.

The seond Link didn't work.

stubs
04-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Sorry about that. I fixed the link. I missed the SBStats subdirectory.

http://www thesmalltribe.com/SBStats/Footy.asp

Penguin
04-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Very nice, but it only goes to 79? :(

stubs
04-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Yea, I noticed that too. I don't play this game and the past seasons on the main page only go through 79. I'm working on getting the rest of the numbers and leagues that I missed. Sorry about not having it all ready to go. I just didn't realize all the rest of the stuff was there. :-[

UNC FAN
04-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks a ton! Thanks a ton! :)

The Red Devil
04-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Well even though it only goes to 79 its still very cool, especially once it is completed.

DarkElf
04-12-2008, 02:58 PM
No Stubs, stop at season 79! I have two teams on the Top 10 for PL2. ;)

mlthmp
04-12-2008, 04:09 PM
awesome job =)

stubs
04-13-2008, 09:54 AM
I have a question about season 59. That season, PL2-PL5 games played for each team total more than 18. I did do a quick search looking for season 59, but got no results. Can anyone explain what happened that season? Should I include those total in the stats?

Penguin
04-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Hmmm that's odd... I played in that season but have no memory of that.

Oh and if you want to know how to reach the seasons after season 79 this is how you do it.

http://www.smallball.com/small/soccer/79/prols.shtml <---- all you have to do is replace the 79 with the season number that you desire.

Hope that helps.

stubs
04-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks Penguin. I figured the season links out yesterday. I'm getting the other season stats together and should have then ready in the next couple of days.

It could be that no one remembers those stats I suggested for season 59. It looks like there are several teams in Leagues 6-9 for other seasons that don't appear on the seasons pages yet they are on the site, hidden (or rather, not posted) like the seasons. PL1 for season 59 was fine, but the other leagues were quite different. Maybe that was the only league anyone talked about during that season and all the other leagues were treated like the qualification league. Oh well, I'll post them as they are unless I get another answer. Thanks again! :)

stubs
04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
All seasons through 151 have been added. I'll add the recent season this week. After looking at the totals and PL numbers, it appears there were several seasons where there were PL6, PL7, PL8 and PL9 games played, but those don't appear on the home page or the season pages. Since that is the case, I am only including Leagues 1-5 in calculations for the Top 10 teams overall and Top 10 per league. Unless someone posts that those were legitimate leagues and not just pages on the server, I will leave it like that.

Penguin
04-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Yay, check who is #1 O0

GW
04-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Just an awesome job Stubs, just awesome man.

Thank you very much!

solipsta
04-13-2008, 10:36 PM
That's amazing stuff. I love it!

Ah, the memories of all those seasons...

UNC FAN
04-14-2008, 10:57 AM
That's just awesome. You are Da Man!

Stubs: O0

All: :P

epiphanic
04-14-2008, 02:13 PM
I queried my team and there seem to be some problems. Season 139 says the Statesmen were in PL10 with a W-D-L record of 16-7-35. That's obvously very wrong. Subsequent seasons seem to be correct with the exception of Wins and Draw being switched around. Is this true for other teams as well? If so, perhaps there is something wrong with how you are importing it to the database.

On a separate note, I have a suggestion. I think Average Points would be a good stat for soccer. I think it's better for soccer because draws count for something too.

stubs
04-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks for pointing those things out epiphanic. I'll check to make sure all the numbers are correct. It's possible the update query I used imported incorrectly.

There were several seasons that the data on the server did not match what showed up on the pages that show on website. I'm not sure why that is, but when I download a page, it doesn't match what shows up when you select that information from the smallball pages. As far as the numbers being obviously wrong for a season, PL10 is the qualification league, so that might be the issue. Let me know if you see any other errors. Thanks.

**Edit**
I looked at the page with the wins/draws mixed up. Sure enough, I was pulling the wrong numbers from the database. Thanks again for catching that. ;D

LCD
04-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Great work man!

JTTHEBRICK
04-18-2008, 08:37 AM
wow awesome site, my teams were so good back in the day in footy.. Makes me want to bring em all back haha, I might.

stubs
04-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Season 152 added (sorry for the delay :-[ ) .

I added stats for first place finished in each league to both the team page and the top 10 page also.

stubs
04-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Season 153 is added. There weren't any numbers for PL5 but there was for PL6. I'm not sure if I should include these types of things in the exceptions or not. Let me know.

GW
04-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Season 153 is added. There weren't any numbers for PL5 but there was for PL6. I'm not sure if I should include these types of things in the exceptions or not. Let me know.

add PL6 .. they played fair and square.. PL5 guys were moved up AFAIK, as The Commish deleted a bunch of leagues, and I asked him to push everyone up to fill the upper leagues...

it's not perfect but it's getting there again

stubs
05-11-2008, 06:11 AM
Season #154 added.

stubs
05-25-2008, 05:27 AM
Season #155 added.

maurice2211
05-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Wooo! Im pwning PL2 with my 5.5 wins a season average! (sike)