PDA

View Full Version : My pitch-training adventure/nightmare

The Troubadour
06-15-2007, 08:12 AM
My team has me completely stumped!

I am in the process right now of trying to "find" my pitchers. I maxed them all out (in run, pass, and then pitch), and have now narrowed the field down 6 prospects.

My problem? They are all performing almost identically on the field, regardless of their ranking in the sort list or ability to hold TP. I've pitched them all multiple games against Iliad, and all of my pitchers are averaging out to almost identical hit/run totals.

My quandary is that those who can barely hold their training skill over a 24 hour period (they can barely regain their pitch max on a full pie!!!) are performing slightly better than what appear to be the "true" pitchers!!!

Any advice? Similar experience? Is holding pitch skill really that important?

Beaner
06-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Been a long time since I found pitchers, but you could try using those players who perform better for awhile, and just make a note of the ones who hold skill better to switch to if the others just don't work out. You could try keeping up their other skills through bench rotation and see how it works. If they lose pitch that fast though, you might have trouble keeping their other skills up even with the bench. Might be worth a shot though. Good luck!

paphillyman
06-15-2007, 08:42 AM
One big advantage I like for pitchers that hold their skill good is that they do not use up their pie as much so you can train in the other skills. ;D

The Troubadour
06-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks Beaner and philyman. Keeping up other skills is important, which is why I'm so hesitant to use pitchers who barely keep their skill, despite performing a bit better than those that seem to be the "real" pitchers.

I guess what I have to think about is: will my "true" pitchers make up the run or two in their better batting that they seem to be losing to the pitchers who can't keep any skill, and thus wouldn't have TP to train in batting?

Hmmm.....wish the natural pitchers would just perform better.

ERG
06-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks Beaner and philyman. Keeping up other skills is important, which is why I'm so hesitant to use pitchers who barely keep their skill, despite performing a bit better than those that seem to be the "real" pitchers.

I guess what I have to think about is: will my "true" pitchers make up the run or two in their better batting that they seem to be losing to the pitchers who can't keep any skill, and thus wouldn't have TP to train in batting?

Hmmm.....wish the natural pitchers would just perform better.

I'm impulsive when it comes to finding my pitchers. You should train in only pitching for the first week your team exists...nothing else. Otherwise, and you are a great example, you start to confuse pure pitching skill with other assets like speed, ect... Pitch 'em all for a week straight, top two after a week are your pitchers: That philosophy never hurt me with my 12 Lefty Team.

Bailey
06-16-2007, 06:33 PM
1 of my sides has 2 pitchers, one holds skill very well and maxes very easily in the 3 main skills for him and the other holds bat well but in run and pitch he is a little average, was probaly about 6th all up but he hasnt lost a game this season he wins well, he contributes more with the bat but if i was to forget to take him out after 24 hours then he gives up heaps of hits

gl

peaxie
06-16-2007, 09:10 PM
I was going to start a new thread but decided just replying to this one might be more appropriate. I have a 8* team that I traded. I assumed that the pitcher was a true pitcher when the team was given to me. However, the pitcher tends to lose the skill very quickly. For example, yesterday he pitched at 110mph and today after running/batting he pitched at 101mph. Is it just something I have to deal with and keep training him or should I spend some time looking for a new pitcher? How would I go about doing that? Thanks.

humdrums
06-16-2007, 09:22 PM
I was going to start a new thread but decided just replying to this one might be more appropriate. I have a 8* team that I traded. I assumed that the pitcher was a true pitcher when the team was given to me. However, the pitcher tends to lose the skill very quickly. For example, yesterday he pitched at 110mph and today after running/batting he pitched at 101mph. Is it just something I have to deal with and keep training him or should I spend some time looking for a new pitcher? How would I go about doing that? Thanks.

I would definitely go through the process. Train all your players in pitch for a week (the player that you have used as a pitcher should do something else for a few days [I suggest a defensive skill, throw, catch, run]). When that week is done train your players in something else for a week (again, I suggest a defensive skill). After the two weeks are over sort your players by pitch skill, the top (I suggest two) is/are your pitcher(s).