PDA

View Full Version : another pitchers question

yohanx
06-10-2007, 11:55 AM
does the "true pitcher" of every team throw strikes even if the hitter doesnt swing?

tthomp
06-10-2007, 12:32 PM
It depends on the talent of the hitter. Play a 9* team against a 1* team and the pitcher will issue walks to the 1* team.

yohanx
06-10-2007, 12:48 PM
ok how about teams that have the same star rating like 7* or so

UNC FAN
06-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Yes, pretty much. I doubt many 9* ppl will have their teams play 1* ppl. So basicly yes.

medric822
06-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Figure it this way, the better the pitcher, the better the pitches will be. Roger Clemens yesterday threw pitches that looked like they were going to land down the middle, only to end up bouncing in the dirt with the batter swinging at it.

Ddawgballers
06-10-2007, 05:10 PM
NO, the better your pitcher is.......is he throws like i think 60mph or higher he starts to throw strikes without the hitter swinging.....all of your pitchers will throw strikes without the player swinging if you have trained them enough it doesn't mean its your true pitcher.

yohanx
06-10-2007, 08:13 PM
all of your pitchers will throw strikes without the player swinging if you have trained them enough it doesn't mean its your true pitcher.

i dont agree with that i have 4 or 5 trained pitchers all over 95 -100 and none throw stirkes without the hitter swinging

chspogo
06-10-2007, 08:26 PM
i dont agree with that i have 4 or 5 trained pitchers all over 95 -100 and none throw stirkes without the hitter swinging

the issue that comes up is that true pitcher is who on the team holds pitch skill the best.. it's not based on pitch speed. I'm not sure about strikes looking, but i will view a game and see if anyone gets called looking (pretty sure it happens).

yohanx
06-10-2007, 08:52 PM
ok the reason i asked is because i have 2 pitchers who dont catch the hitters looking but do a pretty ok Job.so what should i do?

paphillyman
06-10-2007, 08:55 PM
does the "true pitcher" of every team throw strikes even if the hitter doesnt swing?

I believe the true pitcher WILL throw strikes even if the batter doesnt swing , assuming that you went through the pitching process to find your two best pitchers. There have been times where I saw my pitcher walk a batter and this is because he has low batting skills ( if you see a batter bail out while he is batting) , but this doesnt happen often at all.
I have gotten teams where supposely the pitchers where found , only to go through the pitching process again and I end up with two different pitchers. :o , actually I am doing that right now with a team that I got and I am pretty sure I will find 2 different pitchers. ;D

paphillyman
06-10-2007, 09:00 PM
ok the reason i asked is because i have 2 pitchers who dont catch the hitters looking but do a pretty ok Job.so what should i do?

What you should do is go through the pitching process to find the two best pitchers , it will probably take about 2-3 weeks , but once you do , you will know for sure who your pitchers are.

yohanx
06-10-2007, 09:05 PM
ok i will again..its a DT team ill train everyone individually for the next 2or so weeks..and from there judge where i should go