PDA

View Full Version : I have a pitching problem and need suggestions.

rgbartley
06-08-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm at 9* and I am in 8th PL and going into 7th. I've been up to 4th PL, but could not go further.

When I started this team, I didn't bother looking for the natural pitchers, but I made do with what I "figured" were the pitchers, the guys with the least hitting talent.

I look at other teams and I see some pitchers that are virtually unhittable and I think, WOW, what if I actually found my pitcher, how great would my team be?

My teams hitting is awesome, but I hesitate to start all over and look for my pitcher after all the work I've put into them.

Any suggestions?

P.S. Both my pitchers max out at 111mph.

UNC FAN
06-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Sorry man there's only one way. Unless you want to never get past PL4 then YOU HAVE TO GO BACK AND DO WHAT YOU SHOULD"VE DONE BEFORE: FIND YOUR PITCHER(S)!!! I'm not yelling I'm just emphazising.

rgbartley
06-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I have a few guys that always have the best defensive skills. If that is the case, can I automatically rule them out of the pitcher running?

Are the pitchers always the worst hitters?

I really don't want to have to start all over, but if I have to, I will.

Thanks

rgbartley
06-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Is it possible that I would have done better with a more appropriate stadium. I have a bunch of lefties and it seems like my team does better in brickyard.

I'll try using that stadium first, see how far I go.

Con2tion
06-08-2007, 03:32 PM
I have a few guys that always have the best defensive skills. If that is the case, can I automatically rule them out of the pitcher running?

Are the pitchers always the worst hitters?

I really don't want to have to start all over, but if I have to, I will.

Thanks

in some of my teams in the past my pitcher was my best hitter,in others he wasnt so you cant base your pitcher on anything but pitching to find the best

oh and my team is all lefty and i play better in brickyard,
it just depends on how you train your teams and what you train them in

dekid
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
It seems one of the main things trainers talk about with pitchers is being able to hold their TP for a length of time. So unless your pitchers are losing their TP quickly you may not do better. Speed wise all my pitchers top out at 112 with a couple hitting 113 when they are topped out in running. I find running adds about 1 mph on the speed of their pitch so have your pitchers run and they should be able to reach 112. This could be a good test of this theory.

humdrums
06-08-2007, 05:32 PM
It is possible to have success without finding your pitcher(s). It is possible you are using the guys you ultimately would've found to be your pitchers had you gone through the motions. However, there are some things you should know. This is Smallball, not (MLB style) baseball. Your pitcher could be the best all around player on your team, or just the best fielder, or the best hitter, or best runner, etc. The only thing that really goes into being a pitcher is pitch skill. Find the player(s) that hold pitch skill the best and you have your pitcher(s). I suggest you keep going the way you have been going until next season. Play all your games on the first day of the season, and then train everybody on your team in pitch for a week (the guys you have been using to pitch should run for a few days, then train pitch). After that week, train everyone in something else (I suggest throw). After the two weeks are up (it'll be a new season) sort by pitch, the top guy(s) (I suggest top two) are your pitchers.

paphillyman
06-08-2007, 10:44 PM
I have a test that I use for my own pitchers, after they are maxed out in pitching , dont pitch them for 6 days ,then on the 7th day , pitch them again on a full pie , if they max out with 1/4 of a pie or more left they will work for me as pitchers , you wont find too many that do ;D

Con2tion
06-09-2007, 07:36 AM
what ever works for you is good

rgbartley
06-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys, I got all good suggestions and I will be deciding on what to do after I see if I can get past 4th this time around.

Gooser
06-11-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm going to give you an answer that is unorthodox, but has worked for me many times. You can switch pitchers in the middle of PLs without too much damage. You now have two pitchers, decide who is better and start training the other to play the field. Pick one player who you have the intuition that he might be a good pitcher, I would advise someone who holds throw pretty well. Bench him and start him in a pitch training daily. Once he maxes see how he does.

Pssssst, I'm going to tell you a secret about Smallball... Don't go by the sort lists. Is your best hitter the one that holds the most skill? The most power? The most contact? Usually the answer is no. So why would the best pitcher be the one who holds pitch skill the best? Or would it be the one who performs the best? Hmmmmm, makes you wonder. Please don't tell anyone.

Disclaimer: Information is given by a trainer who has never found his pitchers the "right way" and never will. Results may vary. If new pitcher is harming the results of the team, please try another "pitcher."

Bailey
06-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Pssssst, I'm going to tell you a secret about Smallball... Don't go by the sort lists. Is your best hitter the one that holds the most skill? The most power? The most contact? Usually the answer is no. So why would the best pitcher be the one who holds pitch skill the best? Or would it be the one who performs the best? Hmmmmm, makes you wonder. Please don't tell anyone.

Disclaimer: Information is given by a trainer who has never found his pitchers the "right way" and never will. Results may vary. If new pitcher is harming the results of the team, please try another "pitcher."
oh so true,

it isnt always your pitcher either, whilst he may be getting hits against you you may also find that your defence isnt quite right

and remember that a lot of great trainers are coming back up the list in the pl's so it is making it difficult for everyone else who is there

Junkybird
06-12-2007, 05:32 AM
I was going to mention that Gooser, but I opted to stay away from it.
Oh well.

What really bites the buns, I made Pl2 with one of my old teams, with never having found their true pitchers. In fact, they made it on only ONE pitcher.
Explain that SmallBall.

After thinking long and hard about these types of things, and I leave a hairless patch of skin on my head from scratching it dreadfully much, I resort to just feeding both pitchers some hard liquor and see who performs better drunk. He's my true pitcher.