PDA

View Full Version : Best Goalie = Best Field Player

notalady
11-13-2007, 09:20 AM
What happens if after finding the goalie, you train him through all the rest to see if he would be a good field player, and it turns out that he is the best defender/mid/forward? Since having the BEST goalie possible may not be a matter of life or death (not even best goalies save everything) would it be beneficial to place that prson on the field instead of in goal?

Bailey
11-13-2007, 11:57 AM
i say try it out and then revert to the second choice, and try to find the difference

Llama
11-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Put him on the field. I do not find the goalie as being too crucial to your team. I had a two teams in PL1 and both of them had player #1 set as the goalie (never found him). Finding a goalie can be a little beneficial, but using your best field players on the field is FAAAAR more important.

mlthmp
11-14-2007, 05:04 PM
wow llama.. I've never heard anyone have that approach before :o

I was under the impression that having the wrong goalie would seriously cost you down the line (like the wrong pitcher will in Smallball)

wow..

YagaDan
11-14-2007, 08:41 PM
If he's a skilled Strike use him on the field.

ERG
11-15-2007, 06:17 PM
LCD had gone with never finding his goalie as well when he played. I remember him saying he just used the goalie that was already set as goalie on his PL1 team, so you never know. My goalie is a pretty good fielder, maybe when I start training again I'll train up a bench player as goalie and see what happens. ;)