PDA

View Full Version : jrew.exe has stopped working

BryceHockey
09-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Alright, I just got a brand new dell desktop that is very high in memeroy, graphics card, etc. It has Vista. Now I have the newest version of java, so that is not the problem. I also went through everything in SuperBallz guide, and yet it still won't work.

The odd thing is, unlike most people's Vista troubles, mine won't load the ST OR DT trainers. It shows the ST field, but then closes. The error message that eventually comes up is "jrew.exe has stopped working".

So does anyone else know of a possible solution? I REALLY hope that someone can help me out.
Like I said, I have looked through almost every topic aout Vista, and nothing works. :'(

Thanks,
Bryce

BryceHockey
09-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok, this is very frustrating. No matter what I do I just keep having trouble. I just got ST to work about every other time I open it, but DT now gets either a runtime error, or just renders but won't open at all. AGH!

SuperBallz
09-17-2007, 08:37 PM
hmm there was a solution to jrew.exe, idk it, but once i find it, i'll let u know.. if my guide and all other help fails, idk what to say. make sure u try running as administrator tho... right click smallball and choose run as administrator. idk if that helped

SuperBallz
09-17-2007, 08:41 PM
i found this in another thread in the Bugs, Problems, Complaints, Suggestions & Compliments.

the java thing...right click smallball... go to where it says "target" and put this

"C:\My Games\SmallBall\start.jar"

idk if u have tried that or not, but heres a lil help i guess

BryceHockey
09-17-2007, 09:09 PM
I tried that, it seemed to help at first, but then kept messing up. I am the only user, so it can't be the administrator issue. Thanks for your help, but so far I still need a solution. :(

SuperBallz
09-17-2007, 09:45 PM
well i know, but im an administrator on my comp as well cuz its mine and some things decide to only work if u right click and do that. idk why... plus, make sure its all up to date...

BryceHockey
09-18-2007, 06:28 AM
I just tried running as administrator, and it still screwed up.

I also took tthomps advice to reinstall SmallBall and Java, yet still nothing. If anyone has ever had this problem, could you please let me know what you did to fix it.

BryceHockey
09-18-2007, 06:41 AM
Alright, now I have tried several more things, and ST works now. Finally, DT at least comes up, so I know it is there. However, before the players even come on the field it tells me:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:/My Games/SmallBall/deluxe/TrainerApp.exe

Now I know some people had this problem, but I can't find in those topics what they did to fix it. Please help!

Bryce

alablues
09-18-2007, 05:15 PM
I have had to reload a computer with windows and am having the same problem. I tried the "start.jar" and windows says it does not recognize this command. Also I am not able to start a game. I get the jrew.exe error and that game cannot connect. I can train but have to restart the program twice to get around the error message.

tthomp
09-18-2007, 05:42 PM
To use start.jar you must have java installed. Jar is a Java file format.

SuperBallz
09-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Alright, now I have tried several more things, and ST works now. Finally, DT at least comes up, so I know it is there. However, before the players even come on the field it tells me:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:/My Games/SmallBall/deluxe/TrainerApp.exe

Now I know some people had this problem, but I can't find in those topics what they did to fix it. Please help!

Bryce

i get that once, it takes me back to the main smallball screen, i click deluxe trainer again and it works.. sometimes it does it to me twice, but no big deal.. i still dont see whats not working correctly for you.. u try running it in a different compatibilty mode?

BryceHockey
09-18-2007, 07:58 PM
I fixed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!

I will post the solution to this specific problem tomorrow ASAP.

Thanks
Bryce