PDA

View Full Version : A question about skill gains.

mlthmp
08-14-2011, 01:46 PM
OK.. I know I should know this.. but I have to ask.

There are some players on my team.. when I train them in either dribble or drive they ALWAYS get run gains also. Which I know should indicate they are not maxed in running. Fair enough.

However, when I train them in the running area they hardly EVER get gains. Am I missing something here? If they are getting the gains while training in dribble/drive why shouldn't they get them also when actually trained in running?

Afterhours
08-14-2011, 04:09 PM
What is dribble and drive? English please.

mlthmp
08-14-2011, 04:13 PM
What is dribble and drive? English please.

First off, I was speaking English. Second, you know.. the skills? Dribble.. Drive? You know the Dribble zone.. the Drive zone? As per the following picture

I honestly don't know how much plainer my "English" could be.

epiphanic
08-14-2011, 07:12 PM
What do you mean hardly ever get gains? Could you be more specific?

mlthmp
08-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Sure. As I said when I train certain guys in Dribble or Drive they always get gains in run also. However, if I train those same players in running.. they barely ever get gains if any. A few of them may get +1 or +2 before "maxing out" and they stop gaining, but most of them never get any run gains from the running area. I've left them in the running area for quite awhile without burning any of their pie.. Put them in the Dribble zone and they start getting run gains along with Dribble gains.

I don't know.. It's just weird.

epiphanic
08-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Getting run gains in the dribble or drive areas isn't strange.

I'm not sure what to tell you about them still gaining after they reached their max in the run zone. I think I understand what you're trying to say and the only thing I can think of is that the run gains posted in the trainer are possibly incorrect (analogous to pitching or hitting in the ST).

ROYBOY
01-27-2012, 10:53 PM
I know that this is an old posting, but do I understand that all the following answerers to your simply stated questions appear to be," lets have a go at mithmp time".
As it reads to me you are simply asking that, if you receive plenty of run score while training drive, it would in all logic indicate that run needs to be trained seperatly, and having done this you have found in fact they have scored very little.
I have also found this to often be the case .