PDA

View Full Version : Another pitching question that frustrates everyone...

BryceHockey
07-25-2007, 09:29 AM
I have a seven star team that I never searched for the right pitcher, I just got lucky and had the right guy as pitcher (can consistently throw 115). But I now have a new team that I am spending the long hours training with the ST. I read the guide to finding a pitcher, but wondered if after the first few days I can just move on to training the top half of the list in pitching, or will the bad pitchers suddenly outplay the better ones? Hope this make sense.

yohanx
07-25-2007, 09:47 AM
i have tried something like that the disadvantage is you can never really monitor who maintains the pitching skill best, then you may get thrown off by a guy who seems to got it all right then realise couple stars down the road when your in the PL's you've got the wrong man..if you want you can max out your players in throw first and the train them all in pitch they gain more pitch faster also you'll get to monitor what happens better (IMO)

Bailey
07-25-2007, 10:47 PM
watch the guys that pick up the pitch skill slowly, they can also lose it slowly, which means that they will be close to your best pitcher

Roughnecks
07-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Just to add to pitching questions, The speed of the pitch doesn't mean he is the true pitcher. If he throws 115 after you train doesn't mean he will hold that speed for long.

The true pitcher is:

The guy who holds pitching skill the longest. NOT the guy who pitches the fastest. Your true pitcher may pitch 112, and will only need only a little trainng to regain that speed.

This whole pitching thing drives me nuts. It's my biggest pet pieve.

THE GUY WHO PITCHES THE FASTEST DOES NOT MEAN HE IS THE TRUE PITCHER. THE GUY WHO HOLDS PITCHING SKILL THE LONGEST IS.

The reason you want that guy is so after you train and somebody plays you 10 hours later you still want to have your pitcher up in skill. Do not be fooled by pitching speed. You want pitching skill. And you want to hold that skill. Hense, YOU TRUE PITCHER.

*cuss* *sware* *censored* *%#^*$* *edit*