PDA

View Full Version : who determines star rating?

Burninator
07-08-2007, 02:31 AM
I was just wondering if your bench players are included in your players when the star rating is made or whether it was only the 9/12 of the players that are on the field that are the factors that determine your star rating.

Thanks

Bailey
07-08-2007, 02:40 AM
only the nine players that start, but it factors in there skill according to your positions, put a catcher at pitcher and vice versa and it will have an impact, small but an impact

stubs
07-08-2007, 05:37 AM
only the nine players that start, but it factors in there skill according to your positions, put a catcher at pitcher and vice versa and it will have an impact, small but an impact
Tell that to the guy who won PL1. Switching a pitcher with a position player had quite an effect this season. (I know, it wasn't an big effect on star rating, but I can feel the impact just the same here on the forums).

Bailey
07-08-2007, 05:42 AM
Tell that to the guy who won PL1. Switching a pitcher with a position player had quite an effect this season. (I know, it wasn't an big effect on star rating, but I can feel the impact just the same here on the forums).
lol, sort of, yes, but apparently his team went down to 8* whilst this was done, it should be 8*, if you throw a game you should then lose all games by the team that threw the game, mmm, may have been a different result

mlthmp
07-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Its also important to mention.. that the only player that pitching skill affects is your pitcher on the mound during a game.. and pitch skill doesn't have too horrible an effect on overall rating I don't believe..

why it affected "insert-jerks-name-here"s team so badly is probably due to the fact he doesn't train his pitcher in any of the main skills as much as he does the other players..

BP
07-08-2007, 05:05 PM
he doesn't train his pitcher in any of the main skills as much as he does the other players..

Why would you do that? Rotating them in and off the bench should give them enough pie to catch up on everybody.

mlthmp
07-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Why would you do that? Rotating them in and off the bench should give them enough pie to catch up on everybody.

Because, he doesn't know anything about the game itself maybe? Just how to cheat? lol

Bailey
07-10-2007, 02:58 AM
because doing it that way will get you 2 x pl1 titles, lol

Money
07-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Because, he doesn't know anything about the game itself maybe? Just how to cheat? lol

Nah, Bill knows the game. He just doesn't have respect for the integrity of it. After all he did manage to do it successfully, I bet there are other people who are more than willing to cheat their way but cannot make it that far.

Btw, why bother bleeping his name out? No point in saving his face.