PDA

View Full Version : I once posted

Ivy
07-07-2007, 08:40 PM
I once posted about a so called great trainer named DAS throwing games, Well so be it, Das is now gone and another name comes around the Corner......what is it?

medric822
07-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Does this mean that you accuse people of things until they leave? What are you getting at?

Also, how do you know he was throwing games? Maybe his players were pulling a "Black Sox Scandal."

BP
07-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I really doubt DAS did do that. He was a great trainer and didn't need to cheat to win. He was a very honest man as I chatted with him several late nights. Don't be pointing a finger everywhere, it might get cut off if you point it at the wrong person.

iSo
07-08-2007, 10:02 AM
I agree with BP I knew DAS for several years since I first started playing, chatted with him alot and even had a few phone conversations with him. He's a good man as BP said he didnt need to cheat to win. Furthermore I know what you are talking about though, the Myth team. Too bad we can't do nothing about it.

Ivy
07-08-2007, 11:56 AM
I am not trying to bash his character, I did at one time get along with DAS fairly well. I witnessed what I saw. Personally I wish he would come back to this game, He is good competition, and besides he owes me an apology :-X

mlthmp
07-08-2007, 12:00 PM
I believe Ivy's post was directed towards the recent mockery of PL1 by that jerk Bill

SlipnSliders
07-08-2007, 12:19 PM
I am not trying to bash his character, I did at one time get along with DAS fairly well. I witnessed what I saw. Personally I wish he would come back to this game, He is good competition, and besides he owes me an apology :-X
Won't happen. I chat with him on TeamSpeak on an almost daily basis. He laughs when the game SmallBall is mentioned. And not a good laugh, and with that said I also don't believe DAS cheated. It could have been a misunderstanding and I'm not doubting your reliability Ivy. It's just after knowing him and talking to him on a daily basis for a year and a half, he doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

Devils Disciples
07-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Won't happen. I chat with him on TeamSpeak on an almost daily basis. He laughs when the game SmallBall is mentioned. And not a good laugh, and with that said I also don't believe DAS cheated. It could have been a misunderstanding and I'm not doubting your reliability Ivy. It's just after knowing him and talking to him on a daily basis for a year and a half, he doesn't seem like that kind of guy.
Not saying he cheated, But this saying could be wrong on so many levels. Maybe he did cheat and put on a fake personalilty so no one could figure it out. Maybe Ivy found something out and none of us believe him. Or maybe his personailty was the way he played the game, which would be fair. We will never know...but after seeing all of ivys post, and the drama that happend back in the day...I think its fine for this argument to go either way.

Ivy
07-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Like I said, I am not here to bash the guy, I kinda miss him :o He has had some comments, even directed at me that make me laugh. I am glad that you Slip have contact with DAS. Perhaps you can talk him back into this game as I have asked the same to Beaner about Nelmo. I am a 5 year Veteran to this game, and like I posted else where, I see my retirement coming soon.
I just want to say, The C-man quit on us and the game spiralled down hill, and Jons, the amazing abilities he has, put this game back to life. I am not a quitter, and I would hate to do so.
I had a phone conversation with a retired SB member yesturday, and I beleive he is going to make a come back :laugh:
I guess perhaps, maybe what I am getting at is, I need to spend some more time on these forums and get to know some of these newer members

But Yes, I strongly agree this game is back and thriving, I would just like to some some OLD faces back ;)

Ivy
07-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Not saying he cheated, But this saying could be wrong on so many levels. Maybe he did cheat and put on a fake personalilty so no one could figure it out. Maybe Ivy found something out and none of us believe him. Or maybe his personailty was the way he played the game, which would be fair. We will never know...but after seeing all of ivys post, and the drama that happend back in the day...I think its fine for this argument to go either way.

Thanks Double D, I now snap your Bra 8)

Devils Disciples
07-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks Double D, I now snap your Bra 8)
No problem, lol real funny there ivy :o

steve0
07-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Whats this term "throwing games"? Also how does it benefit DAS?

Devils Disciples
07-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Whats this term "throwing games"? Also how does it benefit DAS?
Bill had 2 teams in PL1 this season. One of them was going to drop down, the other had a chance to win PL1. He purposly took the starting pitcher out & put in a non pitcher for the team that was droping, so his top team could win. "Throwing a game"

steve0
07-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Ah i get it, but why does it matter if one of his teams were going to win anyways?

mlthmp
07-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Ah i get it, but why does it matter if one of his teams were going to win anyways?

He set it up so his team with the better record would win.

It matters BIG time,, ,are you nuts? lol

he let his team have the easy win knowing it was going to give him the PL1 championship.

Ivy
07-08-2007, 03:23 PM
I can throw some masterpieces, watch and/or try to see it

medric822
07-08-2007, 04:17 PM
I believe Ivy's post was directed towards the recent mockery of PL1 by that jerk Bill

Finally, someone sees eye to eye with me on what a jerk Bill was, but I hated him because he thought that Bin Laden Rocks.

Bill had 2 teams in PL1 this season. One of them was going to drop down, the other had a chance to win PL1. He purposly took the starting pitcher out & put in a non pitcher for the team that was droping, so his top team could win. "Throwing a game"

Wow, what a dirtbag thing to do.

Ivy
07-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Personaly, I have some empty containers in my truck, mostly Beer Bottles, but I let you guys know about it

Ivy
07-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Finally, someone sees eye to eye with me on what a jerk Bill was, but I hated him because he thought that Bin Laden Rocks.

Wow, what a dirtbag thing to do.

Juicy