PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the PL1 Champ!

NRaider
06-20-2009, 11:12 PM
I would like to congratulate you on your first First League Championship. You had a good run during the season and with your GD, it seems like you clinched 1st place ahead of me. Its painful to see a game go unplayed against me that could effect the outcome of the standings but thats smallball. I just hope other managers see this and realize that every game is important, so please play your games.

Congrats. Hope you like waking up tomorrow to the pretty new gold badge on your team page.

NRaider

PS: Keltis you still have just under 2 hours to play your game, even though i doubt you will. So if you can play it that would be great.

NRaider originally thought that Martin had won the PL title when he created this thread. Keltis played his games late last night which gave NRaider's team the title. I changed the thread title to be more accurate. - Epiphanic

epiphanic
06-21-2009, 05:24 AM
Apparently Keltis did.

http://www.smallball.com/go/on.goal.team?tid=14146

You won 1st, Raider.

Your blazing start was just too much for other challengers. Good job.

oaf
06-21-2009, 08:59 AM
This is a weird thread.

Congrats Nic.

BryceHockey
06-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Why post a congrats thread to somebody before all important games are complete? Keltis lives in a different time zone than most and for him, it probably was a normal morning time to play the game(s). Two hours is a long time to play a single football game.

Anyways, congrats Nic.

AstonVillaJT
06-21-2009, 10:29 AM
NICE WIN Nraider, FAIL post hahaha

NYYankeesFan
06-21-2009, 01:06 PM
NR got lucky lmao W2G

Josh_Cruzer
06-21-2009, 04:24 PM
WOW Congrats Nic

it was fun watching me be a part of the whole scenario last night in chat....anyways good luck this season defending your title

Haha DaM Represent!!!

lostpatriot
06-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Congrats. When I went to sleep I had a slight lead , and was hoping for good news this morning. Oh well, there's always next season right.

Illini Boy
06-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Congratz NR

redbirds33
06-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Oh no, your own congrats thread!?! The karma's not going to be in your favor now.

Anyway, congratulations on the PL1 title!

NRaider
06-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I just want to state that when i posted this thread i pretty much knew keltis game was not going to be played. And it wasnt. Keltis messaged me on the NHL forums and apologized that the game wasnt played. Keltis was busy and forgot about the one game left. I was unaware of the forfeits effecting GD. I knew Martin and I would have the same winning %, but he had a +13 GD, while i had a +11. So thats why i posted congratulating him. I did not know that a forfeit also gives you goals, i just thought it was going to give you a win and consider it 0-0. Apparently it gives you atleast a 3-0 win, because the game pushed my GD ahead of martins and gave me 1st place. I dont like to win it this way, and i wish we could have had all the games played but that wasnt the case last season.

Anyways, Im sorry to Martin for posting the thread, i was certaint you were the champion of first.

Also, I would like to say thanks to Josh_Cruzer for making saturday night alot of fun. He had a last sec goal to beat Lostpatriot, and he had a last sec goal to tie GreekWizard. Without those results, The 1st league winner could have been anyone of us four. Also thanks to everyone in football for starting to train again. We now have 60+ teams in PLs, compared to about 30 a couple seasons ago. More and more teams are joining every season. This game is alot of fun, and i hope more and more people start playing it again.

Thank you,

NRaider

redbirds33
06-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Way to go NRaider. I was just busting your chops about the karma. As I recall from my days growing up playing soccer, 3-0 or 4-0 is a typical score for a forfeit, so that's nice to know that Commish has programmed Footy that way.

I knew Footy was doing well, but I didn't realize it was to that extent. That's great, and I for one plan on training for a long time and giving you guys all a run for your money up there in PL1. :wink5: