PDA

View Full Version : General Questions

Chadillac817
06-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Hey I am relatively new to Small Ball, I just started training at the end of May. I don't have DT so I am training with the bare bones and just had a few general questions.

1) How do you know if a player is maxed out?

2) If I am training in hitting, is it possible for the batter to hit HRs in practice? I am eager to start cranking HRs...

3) Is it too early for me to get into any tournaments or the Big League? I am a 6* team...

4) I train my team heavily in batting, yet my team rarely ever scores more than 4 runs and it usually is more of a pitching duel, is this normal?

5) Finally, if I zone out and forget to take my batter out of the box, or my pitcher off the mound, when his pie is empty, does that make him worse off? I have noticed a couple of times, for example, that when I click the sort by batting after I do this he actually moves down on the list.

Thanks!

Wildcats

Vriezzer
06-14-2009, 08:34 AM
1. A player is maxed out when he doesn't gain skill anymore (no stars above his head).

2. I can't remember I've seen HR's in the standard trainer. You'll probably have to play Public games to check if some players are able to hit homers.

3. First of all: The Big League is actually not a real league. Everybody is in the Big League. The real (official) leagues are the Pro Leagues (from league 9 to 1).

To qualify for the ProLeagues your team must initiate at least 5 games against a ProLeague team, and win one at least, have an honor rating of 5 or greater.

There are also some leagues made by players, wich you can mostly find on this forum. Most of those tourneys are 9+ star tourneys.

4. Yes that's normal. But you have to remember that also running is quite important. They only have to hit the ball once, but they have to move there asses quickly for 3 or 4 times.

5. I don't think it makes them worse of at that moment. But I think when the others are gaining TP already (could someone confirm this being true or not?) in the rest zone those guys are wasting rest time.

Hope I've helped you out with these answers.

Good luck and hopefully we'll meet someday in the PL's.

dmatrix12
06-14-2009, 08:37 AM
1) How do you know if a player is maxed out?

In Standard Trainer you will know if your player keeps getting gains of .01 in the skill you are training. In Dt i think your player just wont gain anymore.

2) If I am training in hitting, is it possible for the batter to hit HRs in practice? I am eager to start cranking HRs...

In Standard Trainer, you cant hit homeruns. The more power your player has, the higher the ball will go.

3) Is it too early for me to get into any tournaments or the Big League? I am a 6* team...

There are some tournaments out there for lower * teams, but as for tournaments with
9* teams in it, you wont get far.

4) I train my team heavily in batting, yet my team rarely ever scores more than 4 runs and it usually is more of a pitching duel, is this normal?

I think so because in my experience, pitchers level up faster then the batters. In the higher *'s you should start getting more runs.

5) Finally, if I zone out and forget to take my batter out of the box, or my pitcher off the mound, when his pie is empty, does that make him worse off? I have noticed a couple of times, for example, that when I click the sort by batting after I do this he actually moves down on the list.

I am pretty sure nothing will happen if you leave him there.

By the way, welcome to Smallball and the SB forums

Chadillac817
06-14-2009, 10:12 AM
thanks guys!

Kiwi-MAN
06-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Remember to max out in throwing and catching, it makes a big difference!

redbirds33
06-14-2009, 12:22 PM

Make sure to take advantage of free DT Fridays. If you're power hungry, it's a good chance to train your hitters in the power cage.

spiritblue
06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
chad.. i have a couple of scouthing reports that might help you to know how your players are doing... however i can't seem to PM you with the codes for them....

Chadillac817
06-17-2009, 08:34 PM
spiritblue, thanks that would be great! However, I am not sure what PM is, how do I set that up?

Chadillac817
06-17-2009, 08:37 PM
scratch that, I figured it out, I guess I didn't have private messaging turned on

spiritblue
06-18-2009, 02:45 AM
grin....well you have it figured out now... go takee a look.... ;o) blue...

Chadillac817
06-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Hey All

Just wanted to thank everyone once again for all their advice! My team is now 7* and I made it into the 8th league PL and am doing pretty well!

Hopefully play you all sometime in the near future!

Thanks

Chad

P.S. My team is cranking HR's now on a regular basis, so it didn't take too much more effort from my original post

Railhand
06-25-2009, 04:55 PM
That blue is always at the ready to help the newer players!!! :yesnod: