PDA

View Full Version : FPS Questions

NRaider
06-11-2009, 11:41 AM
It takes forever for me to train, so how do i change my FPS?

Also, What are the effects of FPS besides time?

tux2
06-11-2009, 12:05 PM
It takes forever for me to train, so how do i change my FPS?

my computer, local disk c, my games, smallball, deluxe, deluxe

look at fps and change it from 33 to 3333

tux2

dmatrix12
06-11-2009, 12:29 PM
this is cool, i didnt know about this

The Troubadour
06-11-2009, 04:44 PM
It speeds up the training, but you must be careful. If the speed is high enough, it will drain all of your TP by minimizing the training window.

Many trainers use it to amp up their pitchers, getting up to 119 or so.

I'm a traditional trainer, and don't mess with FPS. I like to see how my players are responding to their training, and sometimes will adjust accordingly.

But then again, I only have one team.

Utvol1982
06-11-2009, 09:42 PM
does it change the gains any or do they stay the same ?

redbirds33
06-11-2009, 09:52 PM
It's hard to tell. It'll eat up a lot of pie, but the gains are huge. I think it comes out pretty much the same with just speeding up the process. I do FPS 333, and count to 12 when I minimize. Wait for the next star update, then minimize for 12 seconds again. If you let it stay minimized for like 30-60 seconds, it'll go though an entire 48 hour pie (with equally huge gains). I wouldn't let it go that long at once, but it doesn't seem to matter much (just seems more risky for some reason).

jimmygfat
06-12-2009, 03:24 AM
I have found that I get different results with different computers messing with FPS, some good, some not so good. I have also found that a much higher FPS works well as long as you don't minimize almost in every case.

Lazarus
06-12-2009, 05:01 AM
I use 333 normally. For running / throwing I use 999999 and minimize. Also, using that higher number gives you awesome contact gains from both the power and contact cages.

Wilson
06-12-2009, 08:41 AM
I jack it up to 99999 for defense and 333 for batting. I find it to be just as effective, just less of a time hastle.

Smith
06-12-2009, 08:53 AM
133 for everything unless im just doin run/throw for everybody then i just use 99999

To me 333 youll miss tiny bit of gains if you minimize it

Wilson
06-12-2009, 08:59 AM
133 for everything unless im just doin run/throw for everybody then i just use 99999

To me 333 youll miss tiny bit of gains if you minimize it

Yeah I never trust minimizing it really I usually just use windowed mode and often have a laptop nearby where I go whatever else it is that I'm doing.

willybang
06-12-2009, 11:05 AM
I use 99999 with timeshift at 100x at the same time...

Mininising for Pitching, run, throw and contact.
Leaving window open for Catch, Power and skill.

Speeds up training immensley..
But I have got used to it so I can control the gains and not lose TP.
It is great once mastered but very tricky and its easy lose TP for little or no gains!

For example...
If you want to train your pitcher at high fps and minimise...
Make sure he is maxed or near maxed in throw or you will get throw and no pitch gains!
Also make sure he is throwing at a certain speed ;-) to get high gains..
Have him pitching the wrong speed when you minimise and all TP is used for zero gains!

The Troubadour
06-12-2009, 12:15 PM
The possibility of messing up is exactly why I don't mess with the settings--my girls like to crawl on me as I'm training, sometimes using me as a punching bag (or mock batting cage when they're inspired by the little guys swinging away).

Smith
06-12-2009, 01:00 PM
I use 99999 with timeshift at 100x at the same time...

Mininising for Pitching, run, throw and contact.
Leaving window open for Catch, Power and skill.

Speeds up training immensley..
But I have got used to it so I can control the gains and not lose TP.
It is great once mastered but very tricky and its easy lose TP for little or no gains!

For example...
If you want to train your pitcher at high fps and minimise...
Make sure he is maxed or near maxed in throw or you will get throw and no pitch gains!
Also make sure he is throwing at a certain speed ;-) to get high gains..
Have him pitching the wrong speed when you minimise and all TP is used for zero gains!

Crazyyy

So if you mess up n minimize on accident, you would loss your possible gains?

Wilson
06-12-2009, 01:06 PM
You're a mad scientist willy....

willybang
06-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Crazyyy

So if you mess up n minimize on accident, you would loss your possible gains?

Absolutely!

One time, on the last night of the season, I had all my games to initiate.
As I was training, and minimised, my Internet froze, it took 10 mins to come back...
And when it did all my TP was gone and both my pitchers were throwing just 107/108 mph... :shocked:
So I then lost most of my games of course! LOL