PDA

View Full Version : pitching 117?!?!?!?

Derp
06-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Question # 1
A ways back when I was trying to find my pitchers for 719, at one point my pitcher was throwing 113-117. In all my years of playing this game I have never seen a pitcher throw above 113. After I started to train in other fields (i.e. throw power/running), he dropped off to throw around 107-112. I was wondering what made him lose his pitch speed. During the lead-up to his maxing out I trained in nothing but pitching, not even running nor throw power (of which he was not anywhere near the top). If anybody has experienced this before or has any ideas... please speak up.
Question # 2
If I were to reset my team back to 1 star, would the player’s potential remain the same? Meaning, would the pitcher that threw 117 be able to again?

I know that I am one of the most hated owners in smallball for taking more than my share of tickets one night when I was intoxicated. (I did apologize to some of you and did my best to offer reciprocation)--- <11 tickets that got taken by a couple of people-go figure- guess I'm not the only selfish owner out there>. As for the rest of those who didn't receive an apology - I offer one now - sorry for being a selfish *!*!*!*!*!*!*!. It will not happen again.

BP
06-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm not sure about Question one. I've trained around 15 or so total teams and have never seen over 114. So I can't really help you there.

Question 2- When you rebirth teams, their capabilities do not change. The rebirth just takes all of their skill that they've learned away, and start over.

Gooser
06-05-2009, 08:08 PM
I know that I am one of the most hated owners in smallball for taking more than my share of tickets one night when I was intoxicated. (I did apologize to some of you and did my best to offer reciprocation)--- <11 tickets that got taken by a couple of people-go figure- guess I'm not the only selfish owner out there>. As for the rest of those who didn't receive an apology - I offer one now - sorry for being a selfish *!*!*!*!*!*!*!. It will not happen again.

I kind of doubt that you are anywhere near the most hated. Most people probably forgot about it until you mentioned it. Obviously it still bothers you, otherwise you would not have mentioned it. An apology is nice, but you will not be truly free until you make amends IMO. Give back to the community without seeking credit and you will have the balance you seek. Give to the poor, or do something nice for someone who deserves it. Welcome back.

stubs
06-06-2009, 04:59 AM
I'm not sure I can give you a reason for the difference in pitch speed, but I'm don't think you want you pitcher throwing that fast anyway. More pitch speed generally means more HR's given up. Perhaps the TP used to get your pitcher up that high is now being used in other areas (which is the way it should be).