PDA

View Full Version : Road Pitcher ?

Utvol1982
06-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Is there such thing as a road pitcher ? Seems like my no.2 Starter plays well when i initiate games with him , well that may be off base a little. Lets say the team plays well when he is in on the road.

I was working on my honor rating so i decided to give some 10* clubs a whack , played 2 of them with 106785 and won both then i wanted to test the theory so i challenged The Dominican Suns since there really good and i did lose but i had a 5 to 4 lead going to the bottom of the 9th. I didnt really expect to win , i was just hoping to confirm my theory.

Im going to have to keep testing but has anyone else had any experience with a little experimentation like this or was my team just playing good tonight ?

NLB
06-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Sometimes a theory can seem true but still be just complete luck. Not saying thats all this is but saying its a possibility. I have my own different settings for my own pitchers but hey if this does work out for you roll with it and maybe it really is a true founded conclusion of pitching.

stubs
06-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Wouldn't that be something to find out one of your pitchers is better against certain teams or certain situations. Never assume anything about the game because once you think you have something, it stops working. Test your theory for 6 or 10 seasons with 40 or more games per season. If you can definitively say one guy plays better on the road, you may have stumbled upon something that could change the game. To make your testing accurate, make sure both your pitchers play the same teams at home and away on the same days and preferrably around the same time. You're also going to want to eliminate any other variables (like players on the field, the positions they play and their spot in lineup). Basically, get some teams to challenge you twice within about an hour of each other and change only the pitcher, then turn around and initiate two games back at that same team again only changing the pitcher. Do it about 10-20 times a season for 6-10 consecutive seasons. That would be about 40-80 games each season. Then take a look at the numbers. My guess is, you won't find out too much, but if you do, make sure to let us all know so we can have something new and fun to talk about. Good Luck!