PDA

View Full Version : Fielding in the dt

maddmaxx
05-21-2009, 07:04 AM
does anybody know what the fielding in the dt is good for?

The Troubadour
05-21-2009, 07:36 AM
By fielding, do you mean the skill, or the different areas?

I'll try answering both: fielding the skill is important so your players actually CATCH the ball. If it is too low, they will commit errors.

In DT, there are three areas to train fielding: 1) the dirt circle, which focuses on fielding and a fraction of throwing, 2) the fielding gun, which focuses on fielding and a fraction of running, and 3) the actual field, which splits throwing and fielding equally, more or less.

Smith
05-21-2009, 07:40 AM
By fielding, do you mean the skill, or the different areas?

I'll try answering both: fielding the skill is important so your players actually CATCH the ball. If it is too low, they will commit errors.

In DT, there are three areas to train fielding: 1) the dirt circle, which focuses on fielding and a fraction of throwing, 2) the fielding gun, which focuses on fielding and a fraction of running, and 3) the actual field, which splits throwing and fielding equally, more or less.

THIS. :iagree:

Troubadour summed it up perfectly

Roughnecks
05-21-2009, 08:12 AM
The field itself is also used for batting skill.

GodofAcid
05-21-2009, 03:23 PM
The field itself is also used for batting skill.

:iagree: That too.

I figure you probably were referring to the gun. I would say if you have a fielder who's really good at throw but lacks in run efficiency, it's a good way to even them out, as opposed to the dirt circle which is not going to help with run at all. Conversely, the dirt circle is good for a better runner with a lesser arm to even him out.. although I find the throw gains to be quite minimal, so it might take a long time. My opinion, you're better off sticking him in the throw field for some extra time, or sticking someone on the run track for some extra time.