PDA

View Full Version : Hitting Question

Utvol1982
05-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Ok , so smallball likes to play tricks on me or something because i built my 108823 team to be basically a righty squad with 2 right handed hitting parks. The problem with that is my 2 best hitters are both left handed , now ive had this team for a long time but i never really trained them up to there potential so i didnt know they were going to end up being my best 2.

My question is , should i turn them into to righties ? I believe lefties are considered better but its going to be really hard for my 2 best hitters to beat there best in there home ballpark. Will it hurt me a lot if i leave them lefties when im at home or should i just not worry about it ? Id hate to spend money to make a hitter a righty.

Railhand
05-16-2009, 06:45 PM
If they are your best hitters I would leave them alone. What 2 ballparks do you have?
Lefties generally have better skill to put the ball in play, so they shouldn't hurt your lineup. With just two lefties you can always put them on the bench and be an all righty team if you think that would work better.

NLB
05-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Think of it this way. They might not be hitting homers to add to your total runs at the moment but they are getting on base more for your rightys to drive them in. In my opinon keep them leftys because leftys do have that little something to get them extra hits.

Utvol1982
05-16-2009, 06:50 PM
If they are your best hitters I would leave them alone. What 2 ballparks do you have?
Lefties generally have better skill to put the ball in play, so they shouldn't hurt your lineup. With just two lefties you can always put them on the bench and be an all righty team if you think that would work better.

Alice & Centenial , I have a heavily lefty team but wanted a righty to.

Vikman
05-16-2009, 06:53 PM
I believe lefties will always have an advantage to some degree no matter what park it is. With runners on, the right side of the infield always has a nice big gap for those lefties to pull the ball through.

Roughnecks
05-17-2009, 02:45 PM
The problem with that is my 2 best hitters are both left handed.SmallBall is programed for lefties. I'd never make a lefty a righty.

epiphanic
05-18-2009, 07:22 AM
I think he means he'd never make a lefty a righty.

Smith
05-18-2009, 08:08 AM

Think of it this way. They might not be hitting homers to add to your total runs at the moment but they are getting on base more for your rightys to drive them in. In my opinon keep them leftys because leftys do have that little something to get them extra hits.

These

&

Id get outta Alice, thats the most overrated righty park in SB

CENT is the anti-lefty park.

Utvol1982
05-18-2009, 08:12 AM
These

&

Id get outta Alice, thats the most overrated righty park in SB

CENT is the anti-lefty park.

Yeah i think i like Centennial better. I get tired of looking at brickyard and alice.