PDA

View Full Version : The Greats of SmallBall Baseball

TNT1
07-03-2007, 08:02 AM
This is a short list of some great teams. You may agree or disagree with some of these, but I believe to stay in First League is a challenge in itself.

DarkElf's Destroyers (Active) 10 Championships and 55 seasons in First League.

The Regulators (Inactive) 8 Championships and 39 seasons in First League.

The Chicago Mob (Inactive) 4 Championships and 50 seasons in First League.

Retry (Inactive) 7 Championships and 36 seasons in First League.

H.M.S. Surprise PVT F (Inactive) 8 Championships and 30 seasons in First League.

England (Inactive) 6 Championships and 39 seasons in First League.

Room Temperature (Active) 6 Championships and 22 seasons in First League.

THE BEATLES (DAS) (Inactive) 4 Championships and 32 seasons in First League.

Neener Beaners (Active) 3 Championships and 25 seasons in First League.

No Soup For You! (Active) 4 Championships and 19 seasons in First League.

11 Great Trainers and Beaner (Active) 1 Championship and 25 seasons in First League.

London Astros (Inactive) 2 Championships and 24 seasons in First League.

Fwaltonbvike
07-03-2007, 08:21 AM
I agree,its a amazing list.

SlipnSliders
07-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Good compilation and amazing accomplishments!

55 Seasons in PL1! That is right around 1/3 of SmallBall's existence! Thats CRAZY!

mlthmp
07-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Great list.

However, I'd like to see the list of only active teams you consider great. you know, just the teams in existance now that are actually training..

I consider the inactive teams legends personally

medric822
07-03-2007, 10:18 AM
The Chicago Mob was my favorite team to play with my old team, 514243.

TNT1
07-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Great list.

However, I'd like to see the list of only active teams you consider great.

11 Great Trainers and Beaner (Active) 1 Championship and 25 seasons in First League.

Left Behind (Active) 10 seasons in First League.

Beauty and the 11 Beasts (Active) 1 Championship and 11 seasons in First League.

Christmas Eve '01 (Active) 11 seasons in First League.

WRIGLEY FIELD BLEACHER BUMS (Active) 2 Championships and 15 seasons in First League.

Ivy
07-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Bout time I get a WHO I am about

medric822
07-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey, where's my team? ;)

Lol, jk.

Jim
07-05-2007, 04:01 AM
Ivy, your teams are as tuff to beat as any ones. Man I just cant get by you. Those 9th innings...AARRRGGGGG, its a wonder I got any hair left at all. 8)

Beaner
07-05-2007, 08:45 AM
Feels kinda weird to be on a list with those teams. Thanks for including me. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Beanman79/crom.jpg

Midgmen
07-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Feels kinda weird to be on a list with those teams. Thanks for including me. ;)

Beaner, you are far too modest. Probably why everyone here respects you so much.

In case others haven't noticed since the big crash a certain trainer has been reinvigorated and is tearing up the lower PL's and may advance out of PL2 this season.

Make way for the King is about to return!

Issued-Away
07-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Nice list, but uhh...

Passive Aggressive (http://www.smallball.com/go/on.ball.team?tid=2907)?

mlthmp
07-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Nice list, but uhh...

one of the greatest of all time.. sadly, no longer active though :(

TNT1
07-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Nice list, but uhh...

Going for seasons in 1st, not just wins. PA was in first only 10 season that I could find and are now inactive.

Junkybird
07-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I dont know about you guys, but even though they may not have been in 1st very long, nor won very many Rings, I'd put 86288 Zachery up there. One tough booger.

mlthmp
07-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I dont know about you guys, but even though they may not have been in 1st very long, nor won very many Rings, I'd put 86288 Zachery up there. One tough booger.

Very good point.

The type of handicap the ST offers make up for alot in my mind..

Thats one heck of a team and if he ever made it DT.. he may LIVE in PL1 until the game dies in year 2042

Jim
07-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Absolutely agree. Zach has got to be considered as one of the best trainers in SmallBall history. To do what he has with a ST team is awesome! I never play him first and he is the one trainer whose training schedule I try to foresee so to speak. In other words I pay attention and keep tabs on him, you have to if you want to beat him. 8)

SCB(Pro leaguers)
07-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Well you know to tell you the truth i think team U.S.A. should be in the top ones there tough cookies

Hey and visit my awesome site @ www.freewebs.com/skillersniper/

SCB(Pro leaguers)
07-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Well you know to tell you the truth i think team U.S.A. should be in the top ones there tough cookies

Hey and visit my awesome site @ www.freewebs.com/skillersniper/

Ya my team sucks and how do u get to platy pro league games

wileyone
07-05-2007, 07:05 PM
I would look under the beginners section of the forum. There are some great tips there from people that have played this game a long time. In answer to your question the best way to make it into the PL's is to play teams that are currently in the PL's. I would suggest teams in Pl8. Once you have won about 25 percent of the games that you played against them, then you get to enter the Junior Pro-leagues, and you can start to work your way up the ladder . Any questions please feel free to ask in the Beginners forum as their are always some great people willing to help. Good luck with the game

JoshuaUNC1120
07-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Ya my team sucks and how do u get to platy pro league games

Are you talking to yourself? ???

Ivy
07-09-2007, 12:05 AM
I usually beat myself pretty well :P

BP
07-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I usually beat myself pretty well :P

This is a family forum.

rowddogg
08-30-2007, 06:10 AM
geez, my Twins are not even on the list...I guess I need to come back and win another 6...

Beaner
08-30-2007, 07:02 AM
geez, my Twins are not even on the list...I guess I need to come back and win another 6...

lol that would be nice. ;D

He did say it was a "short list". ;)

Railhand
08-30-2007, 08:58 AM
This is a family forum.

Really? Look at your avatar and say that again! ;D

Smallballer
08-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Somewhere i think there was a team that had like 3 undefeated seasons in pro league one? idk i could be wrong but if so thats the best team ever, to be able to that. them or darkelf destroyers

struuumps
08-30-2007, 01:29 PM
No love for the Dominican Suns?

TNT1
08-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Somewhere i think there was a team that had like 3 undefeated seasons in pro league one? idk i could be wrong but if so thats the best team ever, to be able to that. them or darkelf destroyers

No one has gone undefeated in PL1 with 10 teams playing. There have been a few that almost pulled it off.

cardinalsfre
08-30-2007, 07:05 PM
I liked those lists, but i would have to put zachs team on there somewhere!

LCD
08-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Going for seasons in 1st, not just wins. PA was in first only 10 season that I could find and are now inactive.
PA had 18 season in PL 1 when i last updated my SS of PL 1 data (18 months ago) probally around season 125 ish

SAB
08-31-2007, 11:32 AM
No one has gone undefeated in PL1 with 10 teams playing. There have been a few that almost pulled it off.

In season 44 Chaos went 19-1, the most ever wins in PL1 and the only time that I think 11 Teams were in 1st PL.

However, how did 11 teams to manage to get into a leauge with only 10 Teams when 4 Drop and 4 Advanced?

43233 - Clueless Joes finished 8th in the PL1 in Season 44, but has not record of being in the PL's at ALL in Season 43! How did a team jump from No PL's at All to PL1? The Team is now called The Corleone Crime Family which is owned by GW I believe. They were in PL1 in Season 42 and were to be domoted to PL2, but never made any PL's in Season 43 and then reappeared in Season 44 back in PL1? is that why he renamed them Clueless Joes?

Also in Season 43, it shows that ONLY 3 Teams droped from PL1 into PL2, but yet in Season 42 it says 4 Teams dropped.

Someone want to explain how this happend?

2cool
08-31-2007, 05:53 PM
What about Mayberry Bijou Sluggers

proleague 1
season # 109 tied for first lost tie
season # 110 2nd place
season # 111 won 1st
season # 112 2nd place
season # 113 won first
not to far from 5 straight first place finishes
season# 116 won first

8 seasons in pro 1 3 first place badges. not far from 6

All this with teams like these.
LowLander
The Regulators
H.M.S. Surprise PVT
DAS TECHNICALS
Room Temperature
England

mlthmp
08-31-2007, 07:07 PM

I seriously doubt anyone would ever go undefeated in PL1.. If anyone ever did that.. that one season would enter them into the greats in my mind.. lol

Heck.. has anyone ever done it in PL2?

rowddogg
09-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Twins went 16-2-2 in First league in season 30 and then 17-1-1 in 2nd league in season 26 :D

GW
01-20-2008, 09:26 PM
In season 44 Chaos went 19-1, the most ever wins in PL1 and the only time that I think 11 Teams were in 1st PL.

However, how did 11 teams to manage to get into a leauge with only 10 Teams when 4 Drop and 4 Advanced?

43233 - Clueless Joes finished 8th in the PL1 in Season 44, but has not record of being in the PL's at ALL in Season 43! How did a team jump from No PL's at All to PL1? The Team is now called The Corleone Crime Family which is owned by GW I believe. They were in PL1 in Season 42 and were to be domoted to PL2, but never made any PL's in Season 43 and then reappeared in Season 44 back in PL1? is that why he renamed them Clueless Joes?

Also in Season 43, it shows that ONLY 3 Teams droped from PL1 into PL2, but yet in Season 42 it says 4 Teams dropped.

Someone want to explain how this happend?

Not sure how I missed this, so I am going to bump a really old post (The reason I found them was cause i was searching for something)

This is the reason there was 11 teams in PL1 for for season 44:

In season 42 10103 - The Corleone Crime Family was indeed relegated to PL2, however it was done due to a glitch. Please see screen shot of the final standings below (which can still be seen in the "official" standings to this day)

http://www.members.shaw.ca/greek-wizard/SmallBall/Pro1.jpg

So if you notice, because I had won in Season 41, I actually held the tie break over all the other 8-10 teams. Craigmer was a bit of a tool at the time and getting on my nerves (He tried to have me penalized/banned because I had 3 teams in PL1, something unheard of before that) , plus I was pissed off at life, SmallBall, The Commish, the forums, and everything else, I decided to quit on the spot due to this.

The Commish, did all he could to correct the situation by advancing 43233 into PL1 the next season (where they deserved to be), but by then I had already quit, and had uninstalled the game by then and pretty well told everyone (including The Commish) where he could stick PL1.

Anyways, my good friend Bogie was playing Smallball back then, and him always being the quiet guy, he got me to give him the team since he did not want the team to zzzzz out. I knew I was not coming back, but I didn't care and gave him the team. He changed the name to Clueless Joes and trained them for a few season playing in the PL's but because I stopped training them for a couple of days after "The Shaft" the team struggled.

A few seasons later Bogie decided to drop the team as he had his own that was doing better than 43233 was (by this time down to PL3 I think)

I think later on I took the team back and trained the team to get them to 10* where they used to be and promptly retired them at the top of the Canadian League just to show The Commish that I could still play the game, but just refused to do it because of him and the bugs.

Since that day, I have never trained another Baseball Team and 43233 are still close to the top of that 10* sheet.

But I obviously forgave The Commish (as he did me) and I created the old Forums about 6 months after this happened and I got back into Smallball again.

rowddogg
01-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Thats how I feel after I lost to Harlem Thugs and the Ramblers and never was credited for a PL championship

MarketWizard
01-21-2008, 12:39 AM
This is a short list of some great teams. You may agree or disagree with some of these, but I believe to stay in First League is a challenge in itself.

The Regulators (Inactive) 8 Championships and 39 seasons in First League.

The Chicago Mob (Inactive) 4 Championships and 50 seasons in First League.

Retry (Inactive) 7 Championships and 36 seasons in First League.

H.M.S. Surprise PVT F (Inactive) 8 Championships and 30 seasons in First League.

England (Inactive) 6 Championships and 39 seasons in First League.

THE BEATLES (DAS) (Inactive) 4 Championships and 32 seasons in First League.

London Astros (Inactive) 2 Championships and 24 seasons in First League.

Glad Im inactive, everyone will think its a mirage.

http://smallball.com/go/on.ball.team?tid=93449

Hooter
01-21-2008, 01:02 AM
Glad Im inactive, everyone will think its a mirage.

http://smallball.com/go/on.ball.team?tid=93449

At the Time, I think you were Inactive. This was done in July of 2007. This thread was just brought back up because Greek Wizard answered a question pertaining to Season 44 (I Think).

All that matters now is you've comeback to beat all of us once again! ;)

Superdude
01-21-2008, 06:41 AM
Wow...

I've yet to play a game, but already this list of the great ones is making me shiver...

I'll probably never make it among them, but it's certainly something to shoot for. :P

Chippy
01-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Thats how I feel after I lost to Harlem Thugs and the Ramblers and never was credited for a PL championship

Yeah, or how I felt after getting crushed by them in all my games and then having them relegated out of the PL's the next season...but the games they played the previous season still counted. Q_Q

John the Baptist
01-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah, or how I felt after getting crushed by them in all my games and then having them relegated out of the PL's the next season...but the games they played the previous season still counted. Q_Q

Or how Mo feels well,,, being Mo :wave:

Chippy
01-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Or how Mo feels well,,, being Mo :wave:

Truth!

Anyhow, I think Rowdo's Twins deserve some mention...5 1st league victories despite not having ANY back-to-back is pretty impressive staying power, if you ask me.

steve99ca
01-22-2008, 02:17 PM
PA stayed in first league till i decided to leave, i had issues with Retry using nothing but steroids and wasn't gonna spend that kind of money to compete. Also, the season Chaos went 19-1, PA was the only team to beat them, Country Bumpkin was training them at the time. In my opinion, he is the best trainer there will ever be in this game. Just my 2 cents.

bobjones83
01-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Country Bumpkin was training them at the time. In my opinion, he is the best trainer there will ever be in this game. Just my 2 cents.

I have to agree with that his teams were the gold standard that everybody wanted to live up to and be like.