PDA

View Full Version : Novice

houski999
07-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Hi I am new to smallball and baseball in general, i was just wondering what sort of player you put in the C role and also what is the advantage of left handed players. One more thing, this might sound stupid but what does RBI stand for? Sorry about this i'm English and im trying to learn everything about baseball at once.

NLB
07-03-2007, 03:24 AM
For Catcher (C) put someone that can catch decently..espically when u just start cuz it seems like more plays are at home when u just start..and in this game the only advantage of lefties is at bat...in the field they are righties..and RBI stands for Runs Batted In

houski999
07-03-2007, 03:30 AM
Thanks very much that has helped a lot.

NLB
07-03-2007, 03:32 AM
anytime man ... if u have anymore questions just post em

mlthmp
07-03-2007, 08:45 AM
actually I disagree.

I usually end up with my best batter and worst fielder in that position.. he'll never miss a ball and doesnt have to be able to throw far since there are no steals in Smallball..

If you have someone thats AWESOME in offense but plain blows defensively.. there is your catcher :)

Martin
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM
actually I disagree.

I usually end up with my best batter and worst fielder in that position.. he'll never miss a ball and doesnt have to be able to throw far since there are no steals in Smallball..

If you have someone thats AWESOME in offense but plain blows defensively.. there is your catcher :)

I agree totally. My catchers are some of my best hitters and even fastest runners but are terrible defensively.

houski999
07-03-2007, 08:56 AM
After playing a few games i agree with you both that you dont need your best fielder in that position, however he does need to be able to catch as i have lost my fair share of runs with him missing it at home base.

Bailey
07-03-2007, 12:37 PM
After playing a few games i agree with you both that you dont need your best fielder in that position, however he does need to be able to catch as i have lost my fair share of runs with him missing it at home base.
as the team gains in skill that will stop happenning, as you will train him in catch anyways but you will find that you will have a player that wont hold the skill very well,

Naugels
07-03-2007, 04:50 PM
My Catchers are my best hitters also, and at the same time the worst throwing and catching. They lead both of my teams in homeruns

NLB
07-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Usually wen i just start i try to put a decently good catching skill person there to not miss balls when there are plays at the plate, but then what everyone else said u train every1 an catch..so around 3-4 stars just put one of your worst catch guys there and youlll be good