PDA

View Full Version : How do I find my pitcher?

torontobjs
04-19-2009, 09:19 AM
Hey! I just recently joined Smallball and I've been reading about pitchers and so on. Is there a best way to find a pitcher? (I only have ST) Any help is much appreciated!

Kaotic09
04-19-2009, 09:22 AM
search the forums it's all over the place on how to find u pitchers... Look for Mikes Ultimate ST guide that might help(Might be under MLTHMP instead of mike not sure)... since I don't use ST I really couldn't help it has been years since I trained in ST

Roughnecks
04-19-2009, 09:35 AM
http://www.smallball.org/showthread.php?t=10483&highlight=finding+pitcher

redbirds33
04-19-2009, 12:07 PM
It's all about skill loss and a little bit about skill gain. Pitch skill is most important. Throw skill is important, and a lot of people link running speed to it too. Read those links though. That's the best info.

The toughest, most tedious part is maxing them all simultaneously in pitch skill. In ST, thats gonna take you a couple weeks at least. It's worth it though. It's the only/best way to measure skill loss.

MSUPlaya
04-20-2009, 08:43 PM
What I did was

-1st Day : Train Everyone Pitching
-2nd Day : Train Everyone Running
-3rd Day : Train Everyone Throwing Pen
-4th Day : Train Everyone Pitching

I found my pitcher within 1 season, if you don't have the patience then this will not work for you. Btw 1st Day 2nd day means the day that you have FULL TP!!!! If this works then tell me !

stubs
04-25-2009, 12:20 AM
What I did was

-1st Day : Train Everyone Pitching
-2nd Day : Train Everyone Running
-3rd Day : Train Everyone Throwing Pen
-4th Day : Train Everyone Pitching

I found my pitcher within 1 season, if you don't have the patience then this will not work for you. Btw 1st Day 2nd day means the day that you have FULL TP!!!! If this works then tell me !
I would say this is not sufficient. It's a start, but you won't find your ideal pitcher for a new team after so little training.

The most tedious thing about SmallBall is finding your players max level in each skill, their average skill loss and how quickly they regain their skill. However, it's essential in understanding the "genetics" of your team. Not every player loses skill at the same rate and not every player regains skill at the same rate. Also, while I have not experimented with every skill for every player on every team I have trained, I would say that not every player has the same maximum skill level.

When you figure out what these skill loss, skill gain and max skill levels are, you can then train your team to gain the maximum advantage for each player. There are different approaches on how to best use this information and not every trainer does this the same. Some will put their best catching and throwing players on the infield, others put them in the outfield. Some put their fastest players at the top of the lineup, others use batting skills (contact, power and skill) to determine their best lineup. It's up to you to figure out what's best for your team by playing games against teams with similar skill levels. Usually the star level of a team indicates similar skill levels, but that is not necessarily the case. Especially if the team is less than 9*. The goal should be to win games.

This can take several months to gather all of this information and figure out how it can be used to win games. It will not work every time against every team because of the number of factors to consider and the limited amount of training potential you gain.

After figuring all of that out, then there are the parks that you play in. Some are designed to take advantage of a faster more defensive minded team and some are designed with offense in mind. This also requires testing to see if your team "fits", because even if your team is more defensively skilled, they may not enjoy a park designed for defense and will play poorly in that park.

It's up to you to figure it all out and try to put your best team on the field. Remember to consider all of the factors involved. You are going to lose games. There is no way to avoid it because even if your team is far superior to the team you are playing in every way, SmallBall throws in the "luck" factor. Every dog has its day and that's what makes the game fun.