PDA

View Full Version : A tough decision...

Razorback
03-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Ok right now im having trouble deciding between these 4 pitchers who all seem to be good choices. I've been trying to make this decision for like a month now(i know im really picky), and im really unsure about just making a rash decison. So here are the pitchers with there advantages and dissadvantages.

Alright the first pitcher we will call him pitcher A. He pitches in the 108-112 mph range just like all the others, the only negative is he cant hit as well as the others but he still pitches very well, and he only loses an average of 2 pitch skill a day

Pitcher B can hold pitch skill the best out of all the players but his only down fall is that his pitch gain effeciency is not as good as the other pitchers. Although, he has more trouble gaining his pitching skill he only loses an average of 1 pitch skill a day. Also, he is the second best hitter out of the group.

Pitcher C is by far the best hitter out of the group but he loses an average of 3 pitch skill a day, just a tiny bit more than the other pitchers. He also seems to perform well in pro league games. Even though he loses skill faster he is the best at regaining pitch skill.

Pitcher D is very consistant and holds pitch really well, but the only thing is that it just seems that he doesnt perform as well in the pro league games.

All of the pitchers lose from a range of 1-3 pitch skill a day and pitch around the same speed. Anyone have any advice for this situation?

Josh_Cruzer
03-21-2009, 10:44 PM
I would go with Pitcher B as my main because he retains pitch skill the longest, thus allowing him to stay maxed and use his TP for other skills

Razorback
03-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Also, i forgot to mention that im picking 2 pitchers out of the 4 listed. Thanks for the reply josh, and I agree with you but the only thing is since its harder for him to regain pitch it kinda takes a little training away from his other skills. I think im pretty much set on him being one of the 2 pitchers though.

BP
03-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I would go with A and D. They are steady and can hold pitch skill the best. It's very hard to tell who performs well in PL's until you start playing top notch people all the time.

Razorback
03-22-2009, 04:35 PM
O ok well wouldnt that mean i would take pitcher B since he is the best at hold pitching skill... also after observing all the first league games all of there pitchers can hit pretty well

GarbadgeMan
03-22-2009, 05:16 PM
I'd say go with the best hitter, assuming the others will be on the bench if they aren't pitching. The long ball is key in this game, and the best homerun hitters in the game are going to go deep on you weather or not you have a pitcher with say 25 skill or a pitcher with 23 skill (obvoiusly not accurate numbers, but I really don't know what is).

BP
03-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Also, i forgot to mention that im picking 2 pitchers out of the 4 listed. Thanks for the reply josh, and I agree with you but the only thing is since its harder for him to regain pitch it kinda takes a little training away from his other skills. I think im pretty much set on him being one of the 2 pitchers though.

But you said that he is the one that has the most trouble regaining. I don't think it's as much as they lose, but how much TP it takes to get them back to max.

jwizz
03-22-2009, 09:12 PM
No way for pitcher C he's the best hitter out of the four so make him hit! he's either a hitter or a pitcher.

D is a deffanently ! By far he sounds like the best pitcher all though he's average in PL games he'll get better at em'

Pitcher A Deffanently the way to go! he wins more then he loses as simple as that

Pitcher B like i said before your either a hitter or a Pitcher, he can hold his skill well but he hits good dont sacrafise a hitter.

GarbadgeMan
03-22-2009, 11:52 PM
No way for pitcher C he's the best hitter out of the four so make him hit! he's either a hitter or a pitcher.

D is a deffanently ! By far he sounds like the best pitcher all though he's average in PL games he'll get better at em'

Pitcher A Deffanently the way to go! he wins more then he loses as simple as that

Pitcher B like i said before your either a hitter or a Pitcher, he can hold his skill well but he hits good dont sacrafise a hitter.

You're not sacrificing a hitter just because he's on the mound... How can it hurt to have 9 guys that hit as opposed to 8?

Gooser
03-23-2009, 01:28 PM
I say go with your gut feeling. If it was me I would go with b and c. BP is right when he says it is hard to tell how they will do when they play top notch competition, but if you think c is doing better then stay with him until he proves you wrong. B sounds good because he holds gains efficiently, and because he has a good bat.

yungcurtis
03-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Gut feelings are hard to ignore! Make your decision based on how they perform in games not necessarily their stats.

Mikes
03-24-2009, 08:35 PM
You're not sacrificing a hitter just because he's on the mound... How can it hurt to have 9 guys that hit as opposed to 8?

what happens when you need to rotate pitchers? that BAT is going straight to the bench, unutilized :wink:

GarbadgeMan
03-25-2009, 07:29 AM
what happens when you need to rotate pitchers? that BAT is going straight to the bench, unutilized :wink:

In that case you're putting one weak bat in the line-up, which you'd be doing anyways if your 2 main pitchers couldn't hit.

Roughnecks
03-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Ahhhh....The great pitcher debate. Finding the pitcher is like opening presents on Christmas morning, no matter how many presents you open, you realize you never get exactly what you wanted.

Gunnen
03-25-2009, 08:15 AM
:iagree: quite anoying

BP
03-25-2009, 09:30 AM
In that case you're putting one weak bat in the line-up, which you'd be doing anyways if your 2 main pitchers couldn't hit.

Or maybe more weak bats because you have the great hitter on the bench.

GarbadgeMan
03-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Or maybe more weak bats because you have the great hitter on the bench.

If he's that great of a hitter why not stick him in right field or something? I mean unless you're the type to milk every little slice of pie that your bench players get, you really shouldn't ever need to have him benched.

BP
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
All I'm saying is that you don't need to go by his bat to determine your pitchers. You want your 2 best hurlers, and that's it. That's why you have 2 of them.

GarbadgeMan
03-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I believe that if a pitcher is top 4 material he will do plenty well for you in game, and in a game that's won on offense, the hitter would probably be a bigger help. I mean we could argue this till the cows come home, but in the end it's all a matter of preference :P

Sphere of Influence
03-27-2009, 11:11 PM
Ok right now im having trouble deciding between these 4 pitchers who all seem to be good choices. I've been trying to make this decision for like a month now(i know im really picky), and im really unsure about just making a rash decison. So here are the pitchers with there advantages and dissadvantages.

Alright the first pitcher we will call him pitcher A. He pitches in the 108-112 mph range just like all the others, the only negative is he cant hit as well as the others but he still pitches very well, and he only loses an average of 2 pitch skill a day

Pitcher B can hold pitch skill the best out of all the players but his only down fall is that his pitch gain effeciency is not as good as the other pitchers. Although, he has more trouble gaining his pitching skill he only loses an average of 1 pitch skill a day. Also, he is the second best hitter out of the group.

Pitcher C is by far the best hitter out of the group but he loses an average of 3 pitch skill a day, just a tiny bit more than the other pitchers. He also seems to perform well in pro league games. Even though he loses skill faster he is the best at regaining pitch skill.

Pitcher D is very consistant and holds pitch really well, but the only thing is that it just seems that he doesnt perform as well in the pro league games.

All of the pitchers lose from a range of 1-3 pitch skill a day and pitch around the same speed. Anyone have any advice for this situation?

This is impossible to know unless you tell us how their "Throwing" skill is. Throwing is related to pitching and you will EASILY be able to narrow it down after that. Fact is if the pitcher doesnt gain throw quickly or doesnt retain hes not your pitcher.. period.

Sphere of Influence
03-27-2009, 11:12 PM

Oh I forgot. Out of what you said I'd have to say Pitcher B isnt the guy. You'll see in the long run hes not a "natural". As far as pitcher D, his performance in the PL's could be complete chance. Maybe he played a tough scheduel. Fact is if hes very consistant and learns both throw and pitch and retains he is your pitcher. No other factor plays in.

O ok well wouldnt that mean i would take pitcher B since he is the best at hold pitching skill... also after observing all the first league games all of there pitchers can hit pretty well

Hes not a natural born pitcher if what you say is true. Those he get skill loses without skill gains in pitching? If so run away from that guy he wasnt born to pitch and he will burn you. Also like I said throwing plays into pitching. If he has terrible throw gains and retention or even less than good he will be a probluem.

Example. Ive had many many pitchers over the years Ive played. The best guy I ever had at pitch skill gains and retention was Frank Mir on my 615364 team. I couldn't believe how fast he gained. He cant learn or retain throw to save his life. Complete stiff. Does bad in games and never could reach maximum throw skill no matter how many days I had him on the bench in a row. Again he was a stiff. I found he wasnt a complete loss he now is one of the best power hitters on the team and a good 1st baseman/catcher

Razorback
03-28-2009, 07:54 PM
So sphere your saying I shouldnt take pitcher B because its harder for him to gain skill, even though he is the best at holding it. Also, are you saying that throw power not pitch skill is also an important factor?

Mikes
03-28-2009, 11:14 PM
So sphere your saying I shouldnt take pitcher B because its harder for him to gain skill, even though he is the best at holding it. Also, are you saying that throw power not pitch skill is also an important factor?

well in that scenario, you can have him in your starting lineup ALL week....and on the weekend throw him on the bench for a day for that FULL 24 hour pie to get his skill back up....throw him back in as starter and let it fall slowly until its time for another 24 hour pull pie pitch train.

Mikes
03-28-2009, 11:16 PM
well in that scenario, you can have him in your starting lineup ALL week....and on the weekend throw him on the bench for a day for that FULL 24 hour pie to get his skill back up....throw him back in as starter and let it fall slowly until its time for another 24 hour pull pie pitch train.

To be honest I only use 1 pitcher on my 92226 team....