PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Advice for Team

ryanbetesta
03-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Alright, so I've been training my team for some time now (614021) and have moved into PL4 and am starting to have some troubles and would like some advice on where/what I should be doing next etc.

I train on DT and I've found my pitchers through the methods shown in this forum and I am confident in these guys.

I've also been studying and taking notes on my players, what they train best at, how good they are at retaining (by maxing the skills and then training the next day etc) and am also pretty sure that I have found the right positions for most of my players. I've been using super rookie tickets to replace some of the guys that don't train as well.

I guess my main real question is, how much throwing or running should most of my guys have and how often should I really train it? My outfielders are pretty close to max in throwing and running and my 2B and SS are pretty close to max in running as well. Should I be training running everyday to keep it at max? How about throwing? If I don't train it every day, how often should I be training it? Once a week? Twice?

Also/Instead, should I maybe be focusing alot of my attention on batting now?

Just looking for some different opinions/advice to really see which way I should be going to get the maximum potential of my players.

Thanks,

Ryan

jimmygfat
03-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Ryan I'm not sure what advise I could give you because you seem to be doing quite well. Nice job and keep it up.

Roughnecks
03-18-2009, 05:13 AM
Just do what you did that get you to this point. Looks like you got it all under control.

GodofAcid
03-18-2009, 06:29 AM
I don't think you should second guess yourself, of course you need to put some emphasis on batting because from here on out, everyone's lineup are gonna be killers, but pretty much you're at the point where it's all difficult. No easy games anymore. The thing I'd suggest is to study your opponents and if you're losing frequently, figure out where they're focusing that you're not and try to adapt. Comparing batting numbers with the skills you see on the field will give you a pretty good idea of what they're doing.

Keep in mind these are suggestions from a little PL6er

BP
03-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Watch batting averages and batting productivity in games more than you would the sort lists in batting. Nobody should be batting under .350. Bench and try them again a couple of times, if not, do like you were before and super rookie them.

This game is about scoring runs, and there is no defense for the deep ball.

ryanbetesta
03-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey,

thanks everyone for your advice and support so far. It has definitely helped me to determine which road to head down.

GoA, what do you mean by study opponents? So far I try to find out when my opponents like to train and what stadiums they play in but what else should I be doing? Should I be watching some of their games?

Thanks

GodofAcid
03-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, what I mean is that if I keep playing someone and they keep beating me, the first thing I think is why.. what are they doing better than me. I review games, review their batting stats, try to figure out how they're aligned differently than me.

BP is right though, batting is king. There's only so far you can take a pitcher. That's one weakness that can be exploited. No Johan Santanas, once you get to the higher PLs, much of it is about who can outhit who on any given day.

And yes, find out when they train. Hasn't been doing me much good lately but usually you'll have the advantage playing a team that hasn't recently trained when yours has.

jwizz
03-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Your doing a great job training! PL4 is a hassle, I've been there. What I can tell you is Keep running close to max train it like about once every 3 days or so, work more on batting, and don't train your pitchers in pitch everyday, one day pitch another day run then back to pitch then throw etc.. and also keep throwing close to max, maybe once every 4 days maybe less, watch your games and just pay attention to who needs help in what, weeknesses and stenghts. Good luck and hope to meet you soon in the higher leagues.