PDA

View Full Version : Dont You Just Hate it When ...

GCool
06-29-2007, 09:34 AM
So I'm on my run for an undefeated PL7 season. Sitting at 8-0 (this was 2 days ago, for anyone that's seen the standings), I say to myself, "Alright, mlthmp's team is 0-6, I'll try them out over the 8* team that's owning and the other 9* team I have to play".

Sadly, mlthmp's team upsets me 7-4. After saying "Screw it, I'll play the other 8* team since I can't go undefeated" (yes, a dumb move, but) and winning, I then started to forget about this travesty that was an upset.

Then, as I look today at the Montevallo Eagles' page, I see that they haven't trained in 2 days -- since I played them last. I could have simply waited, and I most likely would have pounded the crap out of them!

:o

I love SmallBall ::).

Issued-Away
06-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Eh, going undefeated is overrated. Regardless of how many games you lose this season, next season you still start out with zero. Congrats on advancing to 6th, though. ;D

Devils Disciples
06-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Eh, going undefeated is overrated. Regardless of how many games you lose this season, next season you still start out with zero. Congrats on advancing to 6th, though. ;D
I agree....But there isn't a feeling like when you just owned a Proleague... O0

Beaner
06-29-2007, 10:33 AM
I'll hopefully catch up with you somewhere around PL4 or 5, and then I'm gonna show you something buddy! BOOYA!!!

ERG
06-29-2007, 11:18 AM
I'll hopefully catch up with you somewhere around PL4 or 5, and then I'm gonna show you something buddy! BOOYA!!!

That's right, I've finally got my own team ready to go back into the Pro Leagues after 3 weeks of training, and I'm up to 7*. Luckily I'm a 12 Lefty with a couple Super Rookies so I hope to put up a good showing against you next season. Seems it's pretty inevitable that my 7*...soon to be 8* will have to play you. :D

EDIT: BTW, I don't think this guy (http://smallball.com/go/on.ball.team?tid=776065) knows you can stop after 5 games initiated and be in good shape. Especially now that a lot of teams

Beaner
06-29-2007, 12:23 PM
EDIT: BTW, I don't think this guy (http://smallball.com/go/on.ball.team?tid=776065) knows you can stop after 5 games initiated and be in good shape. Especially now that a lot of teams

I wonder if they know that their team won't go very far in the PL's with Passive training turned on? That'll be a real waste of time.

medric822
06-29-2007, 01:32 PM
I rather be first in a PL than undefeated. But if you gte one, you usualy get the other. In fact, the one PL season, with my old team- 514243, I was first for a day or two.

ERG
06-29-2007, 01:55 PM
I actually believe, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that the better you rank in your previous Pro League, the harder schedule you receive in the next League. It has something to do with the was that the schedule is made. So if you were #1 in PL8, you may end up playing all of the PL7 teams next season, and not have the teams that you advanced with mixed in.

Like I said, pretty much speculation, but please correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

GCool
06-29-2007, 02:24 PM
I actually believe, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that the better you rank in your previous Pro League, the harder schedule you receive in the next League. It has something to do with the was that the schedule is made. So if you were #1 in PL8, you may end up playing all of the PL7 teams next season, and not have the teams that you advanced with mixed in.

I actually tried to beat the system using that last season, when I knew I wouldn't advance. I didn't train for two days, lost the rest of my games, and now I'm playing easier teams after a 8-10 finish!

Bailey
06-29-2007, 02:35 PM
each season, if you advance, you are going to have to beat harder teams anyway, so why bother with all the should i haves and what nots

play to win, win and advance, and start again

might need to get some Super rookies

SlipnSliders
06-29-2007, 02:43 PM

It's something like that. When you advance, at the beginning season, if you look at the standings, the 9 teams above you and the 9 teams below you are the ones you will play*. I believe, or this is how it used to be, the 9 above are the ones that initiate against you and the 9 below are the one that you initiate. So therefore if you finish first, you will be in the #1 slot when moving up to the next PL (in most cases) so therefore the 9 teams above you will be the ones that stayed in the PL you just moved into the season before. If you take that as being a harder schedule, then so be it. But it could mean you play mediocre teams that couldn't advance out of that certain PL. There are some exceptions to this I believe, but this is the basic concept of what I think you're trying to say. Again, correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

*If you are the top team in the standings at the beginning of the season, you're team will play the 9 below you and the 9 at the bottom of the list.

If you are at the bottom team in the standings at the at the beginning of the season, you're team will play the 9 above you and the 9 at the top of the list.

Hope that clears up what you were thinking. And if I'm wrong, Im sorry. Someone correct me, but thats the way it always worked for me.

mlthmp
06-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow.. Im sorry to hear that.. lol that team is a dead project for now anyway :(

I figured they'd go winless this season.. would have been my first winless PL season with anyteam.. thanks alot for ruining it for me :P

lol J/K.. I am sorry though.. I didn't figure they'd be a challenge for anyone :(

Bailey
06-30-2007, 02:24 AM
i checked my last season for on eof my teams, and the teams i am playing this season are all over the place in last seasons standings, maybe i can rule that our for me, oh well

JTTHEBRICK
07-01-2007, 10:38 AM
its about your ID # if you are moving up in lower leagues where there are a lot of teams moving up/down, If you remain in the same league, what you guys are saying is true.

Money
07-05-2007, 08:14 AM
Then, as I look today at the Montevallo Eagles' page, I see that they haven't trained in 2 days -- since I played them last. I could have simply waited, and I most likely would have pounded the crap out of them!

Not necessarily...

My team's quite frequently tagged with 8* 4 Days Ago and people think it's an easy win but their 9* still loses. You'd have a better chance probably... but that's the way it goes I suppose.

What JT said is true.

When you promote a league... the next season's pre-rankings are done by Team ID.